2019 mallard m260 full timing

Tomist10

I’ve always wanted to live in a tiny home/travel trailer, de-clutter my life and such. I just got a job as a police officer in a local town in TX and have to move there, the payments on the RV would be way cheaper then rent (thanks oilfield town). Trailer is 22,995 and I have 5,000$ for the down payment. I’m going to be living in the m260 full time and am worried about leaks and problems I’ve heard about as this trailer will be my home, am I just worrying myself reading some bad reviews or is this a bad idea/waste of money. I plan on doing a very thorough PDI thanks to the guide y’all have on this site. Is there anything I need to specifically look out for? Should I reseal the RV very often or tape up the seals right when I get the RV?
Thanks for any help!!!

jimtoo

Hi Tomist10,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I’m sure you will get some suggestions soon.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M
Where are you locating to, if I may ask?

jimtoo

OK,, Thanks. We are in the Southern part of Texas oil field... between San Antonio and Corpus Christi,,, George West, TX.
We were taken over by the oil industry about 5-6 years ago ,,, but it has slowed down now. We are not back to small town normal... but a lot better than it was 5-6 years ago. Population 2400,,, went to about 5000 + other towns close by... people were living everywhere then. TxDot traffic went from 2500 trucks a month through town to 25,000 a month. It is back down to ?5000? trucks a month now.

Jim M