Why Cyclone over Road Warrior or?

papaglock

I am getting ready to purchase a toy hauler. I want to stay under 40'. To those that a couple steps ahead of me in research or purchase, I am looking for information and opinions as to the differences between Torque, Road Warrior, and Cyclone. I understand the obvious as far as bells and whistles. I am curious about build quality. Are they all basically built the same way before the fancier cabinets, counter tops, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

danemayer

Hi papaglock,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I believe Cyclone, Road Warrior and Torque are all built by the same people on the same production line in Plant #69 at Heartland.

Cyclone and Road Warrior are not very different. Having two brands that are essentially the same allows dealer A to have territory protection for Cyclone, while dealer B a block away can have territory protection for Road Warrior.

I believe Torque has a significantly lower price point. To achieve a lower price point, there would typically be some differences in materials used, choice of appliances, etc. If you compare the lists of standard features and optional features on the Heartlandrvs.com website, you'll get a sense of the obvious differences.

While I'm not familiar with the differences, I'll hazard a guess you might have a heavier, more reinforced frame on the Cyclone/RW. The furniture may be higher quality. The cabinetry may be better. Insulation may be better. That doesn't make the Torque a bad choice. But depending on how you plan to use the RV, those are things to consider.

avvidclif

RV Consumer show the reliability of the Road Warrior 1/2 star lower than Cyclone. All else the same. Price point on RW is $99-110k. Cyclone $108-120k. FWIW

papaglock

RV Consumer show the reliability of the Road Warrior 1/2 star lower than Cyclone. All else the same. Price point on RW is $99-110k. Cyclone $108-120k. FWIW
Thanks for the info. It is a bit mind numbing trying to choose the right one for the right value.

papaglock

Hi papaglock,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I believe Cyclone, Road Warrior and Torque are all built by the same people on the same production line in Plant #69 at Heartland.

Cyclone and Road Warrior are not very different. Having two brands that are essentially the same allows dealer A to have territory protection for Cyclone, while dealer B a block away can have territory protection for Road Warrior.

I believe Torque has a significantly lower price point. To achieve a lower price point, there would typically be some differences in materials used, choice of appliances, etc. If you compare the lists of standard features and optional features on the Heartlandrvs.com website, you'll get a sense of the obvious differences.

While I'm not familiar with the differences, I'll hazard a guess you might have a heavier, more reinforced frame on the Cyclone/RW. The furniture may be higher quality. The cabinetry may be better. Insulation may be better. That doesn't make the Torque a bad choice. But depending on how you plan to use the RV, those are things to consider.

Thanks for the info. I did not know that Cyclone was not measurably different than RW.

avvidclif

Thanks for the info. It is a bit mind numbing trying to choose the right one for the right value.

I can tell you this. The older pre 2018 Cyclones and Road Warriors are higher rated than the new ones. Another drop in quality??? If it keeps going they will just sell you a kit (like an experimental arcraft) and you have to assemble it. Which might not be a bad option!