Replacement shocks for 2017+ Ford Super Duty

Alan_B

Has anyone replaced the shock absorbers on their 2017+ Ford Super Duty truck yet? If so, what brand/type/model did you use?

My truck has about 33k miles on it with lots of miles towing the 16,000 lb. Bighorn. I am getting some bounce in the rear axle of the truck and thought perhaps the shocks were getting worn out.

Restofrank

A friend of mine did with bilstiens, I don't recall the p/n. There was a noticable difference in the ride.
We have a 2015 Ford Super Duty and pull a 3270RS I replaced the original shocks with Bilstiens and noticed a difference, the ride is still stiff but the truck goes over bumps much better.

NYSUPstater

Last time I checked out Bilstein's web site, they didn't offer anything for '17 SD. Guess I'll have to look again as it was quite awhile back.

orion7144

The Rancho 9000xl adjustable are my choice. I put them on my 2017 F250 and will be doing the same on my new F450

Alan_B

The Rancho 9000xl adjustable are my choice...

Thanks for that input. Is it difficult to adjust the shocks? Looking at photos and online videos about them, it seemed that it could be hard to adjust or to know which setting they were at.

thanks again

orion7144

I do not have an issue. Once you see how they are adjusted you will get used to it. I sometimes use pliers to make turning them a bit easier. just not too firm or the knobs can break.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I do not have an issue. Once you see how they are adjusted you will get used to it. I sometimes use pliers to make turning them a bit easier. just not too firm or the knobs can break.

How often or when you do decide you need to change the adjustment settings?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I had mine on 4 when not towing and 8 when towing. It was a big difference towing.

How long have you been using them? And do you have them installed front and rear or just rear? All set to the same setting?

I am considering them for my GMC 2500HD

orion7144

He posts on the ford truck site. There is a Rancho discussion thread on there where a Rancho rep responds occasionally and they offered to swap his front shocks since they were defective. I had 1 shock go bad on my old Excursion and they replaced both under warranty. I may try the Bilstiens on the front but I like having the adjust ability for towing in the rear.