Does this make sense? AC cover vent improvement

wdk450

I will probably do this mod to my 10 year old Dometic AC before the mid summer California Central Valley daily 110 degrees plus days hit. I am trying to budget in an IR reflective roof coating/sealant job along with a 2nd AC before this summer. I live in an unmetered 50 amp space.

One thing I noticed during a hot 110+ degree day last summer, is that I could hear/feel the AC compressor quit during the highest heat of the day. Investigating, I found that there is a thermal cutout switch mounted on top of the compressor, AND IF IT GETS TOO HOT, IT STOPS WORKING; although duct airflow continues, COOLING STOPS. I got a cheap desk fan with a good airflow from Walmart, and used mechanics wire to mount it to the outside of the AC shroud blowing directly in at the top of the compressor. I ran an extension cord down to the refrigerator external compartment where I had a spare AC outlet for the fan. I left the fan running continuously through the hot weather, and the compressor no longer cycled off in the very hot weather.