Discussion: new Anderson all Brass Valve

vpnman

Not sure if this is the right place to ask questions (so feel free to move or delete, please). If we have the unit without the brass fittings, should we go ahead and request a replacement from Heartland? I have a 2018 BigHorn and it does not have brass fittings, and I'm still under factory warranty, so wanted to check!

Thanks,
Scott

Chrisandsama

Re: Update to Anderson Brass Replacement Parts Advisory

Not sure if this is the right place to ask questions (so feel free to move or delete, please). If we have the unit without the brass fittings, should we go ahead and request a replacement from Heartland? I have a 2018 BigHorn and it does not have brass fittings, and I'm still under factory warranty, so wanted to check!

Thanks,
Scott

Me too i was wondering the same thing.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Update to Anderson Brass Replacement Parts Advisory

IMO—-Either try a replacement or order a new replacement core for the nylon body because sooner or later it WILL fail/ leak
Ours has leaked into the FW tank several times over the past couple of years

https://www.abcorv.com/products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Thanks,
Scott

Doubt very much that Heartland would replace the old unit with a new one. Probably they would send a replacement nylon core that you can replace yourself.

travelin2

Heartland will unlikely send a free replacement. I paid HL parts for my last one. Other vendors such as fitzilla.com that carried anderson replacement parts now list them as out of stock. Anderson’s website says while supplies last. Likely option then will be shelling out a couple hundred for the new valve assembly

danemayer

I haven't heard anything suggesting that Heartland would be providing free upgrades to all brass. And I wouldn't expect it.

- - - Updated - - -

Heartland will unlikely send a free replacement. I paid HL parts for my last one. Other vendors such as fitzilla.com that carried anderson replacement parts now list them as out of stock. Anderson’s website says while supplies last. Likely option then will be shelling out a couple hundred for the new valve assembly

If you read the new advisory, the place to go to get parts for the plastic valve assembly is now abcorv.com. Here's a link to the page for the replacement cartridge.

pegmikef

Hey Dan, mine has been leaking into the FW tank since soon after I got the rig. I am still under warranty so does that mean I can go to service and get a free brass one from Heartland? Up until now, I have just been monitoring the FW and switching to pump for showers and laundry when it reaches half (actually better pressure).

danemayer

Hey Dan, mine has been leaking into the FW tank since soon after I got the rig. I am still under warranty so does that mean I can go to service and get a free brass one from Heartland? Up until now, I have just been monitoring the FW and switching to pump for showers and laundry when it reaches half (actually better pressure).
Mike,

The general practice that Heartland and most companies follow is to replace like-for-like under warranty. So I would be surprised if Heartland gave you a free brass one. But phone calls don't cost much, so maybe it's worth calling to ask.

Before doing anything, you might take a look at the Fresh Tank Fills by Itself user guide. The problem could be the valve, or it could be the pump. The user guide covers how to determine which has the problem.

Btw, Anderson believes they have been shouldering the cost of replacing plastic valve assemblies where the fresh tank was filling because of pump problems. On the all brass assembly, they added a check valve that protects against the fresh tank filling, even when the cause is a failure at the pump.

You can see the check valve on the left side of the assembly.

Anderson Brass Valve back.jpg

travelin2

Going to Goshen???
Make sure to keep the original. The orings can be used to repair any future failures

Gary521

Currently on a trip and my fresh tank overflowed. Called Anderson and they expedited a replacement core to the park I am at. Not cheap but they were accommodating. Broken "O" ring. Glad to know that I can use the good 'O' rings from the old core for a fix, if you need to.

pegmikef

Going to Goshen???
Make sure to keep the original. The orings can be used to repair any future failures

Perfect, thanks as I have fixed most of the issues I was thinking of taking to Goshen, so this will be a good one as I abhor anything associated with plumbing (but will do it if I can't find another solution).

travelin2

Perfect, thanks as I have fixed most of the issues I was thinking of taking to Goshen, so this will be a good one as I abhor anything associated with plumbing (but will do it if I can't find another solution).

The task is quite easy. I can explain when we see ya at Abilene

RVFun4Us

When looking at the replacement assemblies, it appears that the labeled connections on the front of the old assembly are in a different place on the new assemblies. Am I right on this and does it make a difference or just make sure that you connect the lines to the right place as labeled on the front of the new assembly? Want to order one for my 2016 Bighorn since it just started leaking into the fresh water tank. When I went to the https://www.abcorv.com/products website, it indicates they are on back order and that has been the case for a few weeks at least.

danemayer

When looking at the replacement assemblies, it appears that the labeled connections on the front of the old assembly are in a different place on the new assemblies. Am I right on this and does it make a difference or just make sure that you connect the lines to the right place as labeled on the front of the new assembly? Want to order one for my 2016 Bighorn since it just started leaking into the fresh water tank. When I went to the https://www.abcorv.com/products website, it indicates they are on back order and that has been the case for a few weeks at least.

Hookups on the back side are the same positions as on the plastic assembly. The fitting that goes to the pump suction side sticks out a little further than on the plastic fitting because they added a check valve.

RVFun4Us

Hookups on the back side are the same positions as on the plastic assembly. The fitting that goes to the pump suction side sticks out a little further than on the plastic fitting because they added a check valve.

Dan - so I guess the change was from a 4 position knob to a 3 position knob with the city and fresh water (normal) tank now on the same setting? And where do you find the old model number? There is none on the outside. I presume by the looks that I have the #200RV model. The retrofit model then would be MANRV101RF. Could you clarify that? And yes, they appear to be on back order on the ABCo website.

danemayer

Dan - so I guess the change was from a 4 position knob to a 3 position knob with the city and fresh water (normal) tank now on the same setting? And where do you find the old model number? There is none on the outside. I presume by the looks that I have the #200RV model. The retrofit model then would be MANRV101RF. Could you clarify that? And yes, they appear to be on back order on the ABCo website.

As explained and pictured in the Anderson Brass Replacement Parts Advisory March 2019 in this folder, "The website also sells the all-brass retrofit assembly: MANRV101RF shown below. It is a direct replacement for the Kantleak 200-RV."

RVFun4Us

As explained and pictured in the Anderson Brass Replacement Parts Advisory March 2019 in this folder, "The website also sells the all-brass retrofit assembly: MANRV101RF shown below. It is a direct replacement for the Kantleak 200-RV."

Thanks Dan. I most definitely will order the MANRV101RF but still have a question. I am still confused on the labeling on the outside of the new Anderson valve. The old labeling had "tank" on the left, "normal" on top, "winterize/sanitize on the right, and "city" on the bottom. The new assembly shows "Winterize/Sanitize" on the left, "city fixtures/dry camping" on top, and "tank fill" on the right. If I connect the fittings from the old to the new the same way, won't that mess up the the intent of each setting? What am I missing here? I don't see any adequate explanation on the website for this change or how it would affect each intended setting.

danemayer

Bob,

In trying to figure out how the selector positions on the front relate to the connections on the backside, you have to consider how the internal channels are cut. Since we don't have visibility to the internal channels, we have to assume that it all works correctly.

If it were wrong, I'm sure the first person installing the all brass valve would have quickly noticed a problem and we'd be reading all over the internet about the labels being wrong. Since we're not, I think they must have gotten it right.

gasman

Camp Socializer
As Dan said, the connections are in the same configuration on the back of the new valve as they were on the plastic valve regardless of how the panel looks. Andersen has made it very easy to change out. Be sure to check the check valve for tightness.

southernlady5464

Sitting at the Heartland Retail Service Center now. We had developed o-ring issues again just last week. They would replace like for like but we are paying for the new brass valve. They put it in this morning. Said it would outlast our coach.

So, while they prefer like for like, they will replace with brass if they have one and you are willing to pay for it. Oh and no, no price YET.