Ford or Chevy honest opinion needed.

CoveredWagon

The 2015 RAM is the best vehicle I have every owned with the exception of maybe the 67 Camaro SS/RS 350 4 speed. No other car/truck has cruised at 80 MPH as effortlessly. Chris

Well except for an early 70's Caddy Sedan DeVille w/ a 472 4 barrel carb.Now that cruised. Course the gas gauge went down just as fast...........

I could cruise at 80 all day long too, but my Rv tires couldn’t.

TrailCreek

So friends here's my question: As usually my husband and I do thing backwards hahaha. When we purchased our new Landmark we knew that we would have to have another truck to pull it. Our F250 go her home and pulled it fine the 2 hour (all interstate) drive home. So now we are shopping for 1 ton DWD. I need you honest opinions on Chevy 3500 DWD and Ford F350 DWD. What do you drive and why?
Sorry Dodge folks but Hubby buys and drives and he's looking at Ford and Chevy.

I love my Fords, and have had several F350 DRW over the last 45 years. My 2017 wazoo King Ranch is awesome. The diesel engine is strong and pulls our 2017 full time loaded Newport fine. The issue I have with this model is oil leaks. The engine has a 2 piece oil pan and the gaskets are silicone. Both of them failed, as has the rear main seal in under 20k miles. I have an also awesom dealer who fixed them and no issues since. Maybe pulling the Newport at full capacity from Naples to Alabama with Irma on our butts was more than the seals could take, or maybe it was as the service manager said, a common issue with the 2017. Still, I'm a Ford fan. I've had Dodge dashboards fall in my lap, back in the day and a Chevy diesel almost killed me when paraffining in at -40, also back in the day. I'm sure they have fixed these issues in newer models.

To me, it comes down to how you feel in the rig. They all sit differently, on purpose. For me, Fords feel consistently best. Sit in them all. Drive 100 miles, then make a decision. If you are not full time, be sure to consider the reputation of your dealer after the sale. The best rig needs service and putting up with a bad dealer is enough to make me drive an additional 25 miles to my favorite Ford shop. The closest one to me is terrible.

avvidclif

My Chevy doesn't have the warts on the bed covering the rear wheels. They are blended in, ala Dodge. Lets just say I have had bad experiences with the found on road dead brand and will not repeat it.

carl.swoyer

My 05 Silverado LLY srw was an excellent truck. However when the lights went on and I really understood that I was over weight I immediately upgradable to the 2015 ltz
Dually. Incredible update.
Engine brake, Transmission break,Hill assist and grade breaking. You set the cruise control and the truck does everything for you. I have owned all three Ford, Dodge and Chevy. By far Chevy's the best choice for me.
Some would say GMC is better than Chevy however chassis and Drive Tran are identical. I purchased my current truck in December very powerful and excellent break controller that is built in.
3573ff3a1880acf7cc5537cab7d38b02.jpg
874fa7f3bb23637c27f68d48025eb91f.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My 2009 GMC 3500HD Dually still looks and runs like new. No major mechanical work and a little cosmetic work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

My 2009 GMC 3500HD Dually still looks and runs like new. No major mechanical work and a little cosmetic work.

John
My 05, with 235+ thousand miles I sold for $16000.00.
It was in excellent condition.
But the dually is a much better truck.
8d76ff5acf9b8349ed11d573f33b6a77.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

100% Ford! I know many Chevy guys that over the past 3 or 4 years have made the move to Ford. I will say this though, today’s Ford, Dodge and Chevy 3/4 ton and up are very close in towing capabilities; torque, hp, etc. I do believe that Ford gives you the best overall though, hands down...my opinion. Happy travels!

I had a 2009 F350, bought it new. Had a few small problems along the way, nothing major. Then at 85k I had a rattle in the front end. Mechanic replaced ball joints and steering parts, all loose. Rattle still there, back to mechanic. An hour later he found it. The rubber bushings the cab sits on had disintegrated. You could crumble them in your fingers. The right front was gone. $1600 at shop or $1800 at dealer. 6 biscuits at $100 ea. Have to remove the cab to replace them. Bye Ford, never again. Bought a used 2015 Chev. As I told the DW I replaced the Blue Oval with a Bowtie and added training wheels.

Anybody that says "I don't even know the trailer is back there" is crazy. My 2 cents!

Relax brother, it’s a figure of speech.

nscaler2

After 3 EGR valves, 2 transmissions, and a power steering pump on our 2006 Ford F350, all within 62000 miles, I finally just gave up and said NO MORE. I traded it on a 2011 GMC which has been flawless thus for at 106000 miles. Couldn't give me a Ford. Would sell or trade it before it took me to the shop.

After 3 EGR valves, 2 transmissions, and a power steering pump on our 2006 Ford F350, all within 62000 miles, I finally just gave up and said NO MORE. I traded it on a 2011 GMC which has been flawless thus for at 106000 miles. Couldn't give me a Ford. Would sell or trade it before it took me to the shop.

All makes go through troubled years with their trucks, and your Ford was in those bad years. These new trucks are far superior.

Lynn1130

All makes go through troubled years with their trucks, and your Ford was in those bad years. These new trucks are far superior.

Maybe, then again there seems to have been a lot of Ford truck recalls lately.

This whole topic is another "where you sit is where you stand". :)