Ford or Chevy honest opinion needed.

Tsys100718

Nothing like an International S-model Crew Cab with a 290 Cummins, with a #10 shirt button in the fuel return line, and a 13 spd Eaton trans. 16 MPG, hauling a Trail Runner 302SLE, a Harley trike tagging along, 2 mountain bikes and 2 kayaks on the roof racks. And it was MUCH simpler to eliminate the need for DEF than on the Big 3 PUs.

Not to mention that NONE of the big 3 make a diesel PU with an available standard trans anymore!

Amen to that, International S models are sweet rigs for those that can afford one anyway. Wouldn’t be good for my daily driver though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsys100718

Amen to that, International S models are sweet rigs for those that can afford one anyway. Wouldn’t be good for my daily driver though...

Actually, a crew cab S-model (MV Model now) with a 290 Cummins and a 13 spd trans is cheaper than a loaded Dodge, Ford or GM. Currently an Eaton 6 spd is standard equipment, so add $1,000 to have the trans upgraded.
The #10 shirt button for the fuel return line cost me $0.01 and effectively makes my 290 a 300/310.
Then it cost me less than $1,500 to add leather interior, satellite/nav radio, heated remote mirrors.
Then around $2,500 for a custom body. All in, my S-model came in at roughly $35,000, which is roughly $10,000 cheaper than any loaded model from any of the big 3.
AND, no DEF, better MPG when towing, air ride on both front seats. Try getting air ride seats on ANY of the big 3!
An S-model is not too big for a daily driver, in my opinion. I take mine to the store and the office all the time!

NYSUPstater

Actually, a crew cab S-model (MV Model now) with a 290 Cummins and a 13 spd trans is cheaper than a loaded Dodge, Ford or GM. Currently an Eaton 6 spd is standard equipment, so add $1,000 to have the trans upgraded.
The #10 shirt button for the fuel return line cost me $0.01 and effectively makes my 290 a 300/310.
Then it cost me less than $1,500 to add leather interior, satellite/nav radio, heated remote mirrors.
Then around $2,500 for a custom body. All in, my S-model came in at roughly $35,000, which is roughly $10,000 cheaper than any loaded model from any of the big 3.
AND, no DEF, better MPG when towing, air ride on both front seats. Try getting air ride seats on ANY of the big 3!
An S-model is not too big for a daily driver, in my opinion. I take mine to the store and the office all the time!

How are you getting around the DEF use? :confused:

carl.swoyer

Saw this today! Rolol
Hopefully this will help you with your decision.
Hehehespeed-limit-65-fords-just-do-the-best-you-can-5872059.jpg
96f95e571143bfb3abe21698369ef820.jpg
d7a7f749d7848fa806399be0afcfa480.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

KyleC

Both are great trucks.
I am now 101% Ford. I LOVE MY NEW FORDs
I have have been a GMC/Chevy fan all of my life and after switching to the new Ford I probably will never go back. This F350 DRW is unbelievable. It dosen't even know the Landmark is back there going up or down the mountains. It's just such a joy to drive with that much confidence in the ability of your vehicle. I never had that feeling with the the 2008 GMC DRW Duramax. I know they are better now but still can't compare to this new Ford. I have 56000 miles on it already and about 35000 of that is towing the Landmark. I still have a big smile every time we hit the road. :)
The massive amount of room in the back seat and giant sunroof is a big plus for when we have the wife's in the back seats. They are very comfortable. I road in the back of a 2018 Chevy the other day and it is very cramped back there.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
How many wifes do you have?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

KyleC

In the last paragraph you said that the wife's like to ride in the backseat with the sunroof?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

My first Ford PU was a '69, gas guzzler that needed front end bushings replaced every 10k mi. Next was a 2009 that needed front end work at 85k and the cab bushings rotted out. Going by that my next would be in 2059. Meanwhile I will enjoy my GM products, 1996 and 2015.

Tsys100718

OK, now you have piqued my curiosity. Details on the 50's era Chevy/GMC please? From the grille, it looks to be a '54/'55?
I bet you get a lot of looks when you drive that around!

- - - Updated - - -

My first Ford PU was a '69, gas guzzler that needed front end bushings replaced every 10k mi. Next was a 2009 that needed front end work at 85k and the cab bushings rotted out. Going by that my next would be in 2059. Meanwhile I will enjoy my GM products, 1996 and 2015.

My first mistake with a Ford was with a '69 quarter ton. IF you put even a couple hundred pounds in the bed, it took so much weight off the steer axle that it was impossible to drive. I have NEVER made the Ford mistake again!

I know this was a while back, but that 2020 Super Duty is a beast! None of the other big three can touch it! That’s the truck you need!