Ford or Chevy honest opinion needed.

So friends here's my question: As usually my husband and I do thing backwards hahaha. When we purchased our new Landmark we knew that we would have to have another truck to pull it. Our F250 go her home and pulled it fine the 2 hour (all interstate) drive home. So now we are shopping for 1 ton DWD. I need you honest opinions on Chevy 3500 DWD and Ford F350 DWD. What do you drive and why?
Sorry Dodge folks but Hubby buys and drives and he's looking at Ford and Chevy.

Fox

My opinion is that both will get the job done; compare price/ features and purchase the one you like best.

For me it was a Ford.
I see you're also in AL, War Eagle.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I vote Chevy because we have a 2003 2500HD with about 176,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. Our next truck will be a Chevy too.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Both are great trucks.
I am now 101% Ford. I LOVE MY NEW FORDs
I have have been a GMC/Chevy fan all of my life and after switching to the new Ford I probably will never go back. This F350 DRW is unbelievable. It dosen't even know the Landmark is back there going up or down the mountains. It's just such a joy to drive with that much confidence in the ability of your vehicle. I never had that feeling with the the 2008 GMC DRW Duramax. I know they are better now but still can't compare to this new Ford. I have 56000 miles on it already and about 35000 of that is towing the Landmark. I still have a big smile every time we hit the road. :)
The massive amount of room in the back seat and giant sunroof is a big plus for when we have the wife's in the back seats. They are very comfortable. I road in the back of a 2018 Chevy the other day and it is very cramped back there.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

driver311

i put at least 300000 mis on my trucks before i trade. DODGE better fuel milage, less break downs all around better truck.

Lynn1130

You didn't ask that question, did you? ;)

There are some threads at the bottom of this page (Similar Threads) that may cover what you are looking for. Which truck, which tires, which oil are all "where you sit is where you stand" questions and that is what you get for answers.

mlpeloquin

I have the GMC. Cannot beat the Duramax or the Allison transmission. My friend has the Ford. On his, other than needing injector replacement within a year under warranty, his has been flawless and so has mine. One thing about the Dodge, once they put the ASIN transmission in it, it is bulletproof. Just as good as the Allison and so is the diesel. I suspect that Ford did a good job in designing their transmission as well. I have not seen a complaint about it at all. So I would choose by comfort of the seating, ride, handling, and price.

avvidclif

I had a 2009 F350, bought it new. Had a few small problems along the way, nothing major. Then at 85k I had a rattle in the front end. Mechanic replaced ball joints and steering parts, all loose. Rattle still there, back to mechanic. An hour later he found it. The rubber bushings the cab sits on had disintegrated. You could crumble them in your fingers. The right front was gone. $1600 at shop or $1800 at dealer. 6 biscuits at $100 ea. Have to remove the cab to replace them. Bye Ford, never again. Bought a used 2015 Chev. As I told the DW I replaced the Blue Oval with a Bowtie and added training wheels.

Anybody that says "I don't even know the trailer is back there" is crazy. My 2 cents!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I had a 2009 F350, bought it new. Had a few small problems along the way, nothing major. Then at 85k I had a rattle in the front end. Mechanic replaced ball joints and steering parts, all loose. Rattle still there, back to mechanic. An hour later he found it. The rubber bushings the cab sits on had disintegrated. You could crumble them in your fingers. The right front was gone. $1600 at shop or $1800 at dealer. 6 biscuits at $100 ea. Have to remove the cab to replace them. Bye Ford, never again. Bought a used 2015 Chev. As I told the DW I replaced the Blue Oval with a Bowtie and added training wheels.

Anybody that says "I don't even know the trailer is back there" is crazy. My 2 cents!
The 2008 to the new 2017 and newer are completely different trucks. I think the only thing they used from the old trucks is the name FORD.
On this new Ford they use a Hydraulic type cab suspension. A lot like the Air ride cabs on the big rigs. It's pretty amazing.
6381ebbfe131a08a34ff046f48248b22.jpg

MTPockets

I bought my DRW based solely on the one I felt was most pleasing to the eyes...it simply looked the best....

CDN

B and B
Look at service.

Best dealer support up here is Canada is Ford. In my little part of Ontario 10 Chevy/GMC dealers closed. No Ford Dealers closed and sell more trucks than ever.

I have been a Ford driver for many years. Never had a failure towing with any truck, car or van. My current F 350 has 60,000 km on it, just oil changes and regular maintenance.

Buy what is best for you.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I used to be a Chevy man but when it came to trucks, I converted to Ford. I've owned an '03, 08 and now a '17 king ranch long bed 4x4 4 door dually. This is a beast! The best ever! We don't even notice when towing. Rides great and super power and features. The other brands work for some but I prefer my F350.

BLR

Back in the days of gas I would say Chevy..

However in the day of Diesels I vote Ford..
We bought our First F350 DRW in 98 as our daily driver & hauler..
Our 350 was totaled and we bought an 03-- F550..
It was a semi good vehicle, however neither of us were excited after our 1st trip hauling a 20,000 lb TH
. White knuckled.
Ordered one of the last 2017 F450 and never looked backed.

Best decision ever

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

kowAlski631

Our 2012 Silverado 2500HD with Duramax and Allison transmission has given us no problems pulling out trailer or driving around. Too many people we know have had nothing but issues with their Ford's and Rams.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My 2009 GMC 3500HD DRW has not given me any real problems and still runs like new. It might not be quite as shiny as it was 10 years ago, but it still looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Any of the big three are going to do what you need. We are in the Ford camp. Just like we all have that floor plan we love, you must do the research and the test drives for yourself. We feel the Ford cab is just more comfortable.

WillyBill

Both are great trucks.
I am now 101% Ford. I LOVE MY NEW FORDs
I have have been a GMC/Chevy fan all of my life and after switching to the new Ford I probably will never go back. This F350 DRW is unbelievable. It dosen't even know the Landmark is back there going up or down the mountains. It's just such a joy to drive with that much confidence in the ability of your vehicle. I never had that feeling with the the 2008 GMC DRW Duramax. I know they are better now but still can't compare to this new Ford. I have 56000 miles on it already and about 35000 of that is towing the Landmark. I still have a big smile every time we hit the road. :)
The massive amount of room in the back seat and giant sunroof is a big plus for when we have the wife's in the back seats. They are very comfortable. I road in the back of a 2018 Chevy the other day and it is very cramped back there.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Apples to Oranges Jerrod...Starting around 2015 the BIG THREE were ALL so much better than predecessors that it is unfair to compare new to older unit of any brand. So different in fact, if you would have been driving a '06 Ford and bought a 2017 Chevy you would have switched brand preferences the other direction and now would be a Chevy fan, LOL!!!

WB

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I Drove both and researched both.
The biggest thing for me was the DEF filler under the hood and the big ugly DEF tank hanging down on the passenger side. That was the 1 thing that sent me looking at ford. Then after doing the online research I fell in love with all they have done.
After I actually got the truck and put it to the test WOW WOW WOW. what a truck.