Tank valves

Lozza

Hi I realise I can ask Heartland but they don’t always give the brand and the information and normally want me to purchase from Heartland.
I live in Australia and freight from Heartland is prohibitive,I will be in the USA in August.
I have a Heartland Big Country and my tank valves require servicing thinking I may as well replace them,probably harder to do than I imagine.
The three valves are the cable ones with the handle at the end and I assume you can purchase at most RV parts outlets,my question are all the cables the same length and you cut them to the correct length or do I need to know the length?

Sorry for the long post.

regards Laurence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Heartland with your VIN number and they will tell you what you need.
Tell them your situation and they may be able to ship them to a dealer near where you are staying, then you can pick them up there.
Changing them out is pretty simple, just make sure the tanks are flushed well and empty.
You may want to raise your trailer a little on the Left side so anything left in the tanks will be away from the valves.

Hockster

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Laurence, what problem are you having with your valves?
If you have leaky ones then the easiest and least expensive fix is to add a twist on valve.
If the valves are difficult to move You might be able to shorten and lube the cables. Also inexpensive.
Here is an old thread on replacement.
The valves are the same but the cable comes in different lengths. Check out these.

Peace
Dave

I just purchased a 2010 305RW and am going through the winterizing process. There is only one bathroom in front. The black and gray tank valves are ahead of the axles on the left side , behind the axles and just ahead of the fuel tank door, there is a little white square door with one T handle inside the compartment, I followed the cable under trailer and it goes up into protective blanket under the living room and kitchen area. What does this handle do?

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum! After a couple more posts, you will be able to post a picture of the handle and location. That will help.