Announcement POSTS hogging first two pages

2TrakR

All of the announcement posts regarding "this [forum like ask the factory bighorn] is now closed" take up 2 pages every time I come to the forum. I hit the "new posts" link to show all new posts. The "announcement" posts now take up the first two pages.

Can we remove those posts, ie make them not-announcement posts or just delete them entirely?

Sure would improve the benefit of the site to the members.

jbeletti

You can remove them doing the following:

1. Click one of them, click the back button, click the next one - repeat until you have cleared them all
2. Click the Mark Forums Read button and that will clear everything out of your What's New

Sorry but these are the only way to clear these.

2TrakR

You can remove them doing the following:

1. Click one of them, click the back button, click the next one - repeat until you have cleared them all
2. Click the Mark Forums Read button and that will clear everything out of your What's New

Sorry but these are the only way to clear these.

Had done that, but was not clearing out, including "mark all as read".

Magically, next time I came back after starting this thread, they are gone, so big thanks to whomever fixed those.

Also can't find those threads via search, so I'm presuming those threads/categories have been deleted - again, thanks to whomever did this.

jbeletti

Had done that, but was not clearing out, including "mark all as read".

Magically, next time I came back after starting this thread, they are gone, so big thanks to whomever fixed those.

Also can't find those threads via search, so I'm presuming those threads/categories have been deleted - again, thanks to whomever did this.

Almost like magic :)

Actually, you did it all. When you click Mark All Forums Read, then refresh, everything in your What's New is cleared. And what you cleared were "Announcements". So when you clear them for you, they no longer exist for you.

I'm happy you're happy :)