Insignia 55"

Kathi-27

I do not pickup my new Bighorn till Thursday and am curious if the tv is a smart tv?
our 2017 bighorn had Insignia and was not and our new 2019 landmark with 55 furoin is not also. bough a Samsung as soon as we got it home

orion7144

If it's not a smart TV, a Roku device will fix that.

the problem is I have a disabled daughter that only likes to watch football and sometimes baseball. I have 12 hours on a USB stick that I change out occasionally. I was doing the streaming thing with youtube but that uses a lot of data. I have an LG in our Traveler and am planing on swapping them out but the 3870 is 55" and dont think it will fit where the 50" is in the traveler.

danemayer

the problem is I have a disabled daughter that only likes to watch football and sometimes baseball. I have 12 hours on a USB stick that I change out occasionally. I was doing the streaming thing with youtube but that uses a lot of data. I have an LG in our Traveler and am planing on swapping them out but the 3870 is 55" and dont think it will fit where the 50" is in the traveler.

Are you looking for a Smart TV, or just a USB port, which most TVs have. Smart TVs, as you've found out, are only as good as your internet data plan or campground WiFi ability to stream video.

orion7144

On "most" non smart tv's the USB port is for firmware updates. In order for it to play video files it has to be able to convert them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have video files on a USB stick you could plug an HDMI cable into your laptop to your TV.
Select the proper HDMI input on the TV then play the videos from your laptop.

Peace
Dave

orion7144

We picked our new coach up yesterday and just transferred our LG smart TV to the new one. The 55" insignia had a sticker on the back that had a "best Buy" with their logo on it.