What is this little thing?

Yacup

Hi all...

I am a new to me cyclone owner. My wife and I purchased a 2010 cyclone 3010 and are in the process of bringing it back to its former glory. The previous owner neglected it and did not know what maintenance was. Ok so to the point. I have been on the roof repairing it because he ran it into a tree and tore off one of the fantanstic fans. I have been using eternabond and dicor and now am at the stage of applying liquid rubber to the roof. While checking the roof over looking to make sure i have everything in order before I clean and start with the rubber, I have noticed a little black thing sticking out of the top of the roof in the middle of the trailer next to 2 round white roof vents of some sort. I is threaded on top and has been put there by the factory when it was new. I am not new to trailers so everything makes sense to me except whatever this is. I forgot to take a picture of it so I'm sorry. I will try to snap a picture of it when im there next (its in a storage building while I do the roof work) I will attach a picture of it zoomed in. It was in the background of another picture. I tried searching but came up empty handed. I have learned alot just by looking at threads and doing research. Hopefully I can contribute at some point.

PS I dont know how to attach the photo I have?

Thanks all

jimtoo

Hi Yacup,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. While you are getting acquainted with the forum try out the search tab for fun.

And as my thought about the little threaded part is probably where a small radio antena was screwed on. Usually plastic and 12--14" tall.

Also we have a great owners manuals and Heartland User Guide area in the Tools tab at top of page. A lot of the guides are written by members or owners that actually used the subject.

And we also have the best folks in the rv world right here to help out with opinions and suggestions.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Sniper

Hi all...

I am a new to me cyclone owner. My wife and I purchased a 2010 cyclone 3010 and are in the process of bringing it back to its former glory. The previous owner neglected it and did not know what maintenance was. Ok so to the point. I have been on the roof repairing it because he ran it into a tree and tore off one of the fantanstic fans. I have been using eternabond and dicor and now am at the stage of applying liquid rubber to the roof. While checking the roof over looking to make sure i have everything in order before I clean and start with the rubber, I have noticed a little black thing sticking out of the top of the roof in the middle of the trailer next to 2 round white roof vents of some sort. I is threaded on top and has been put there by the factory when it was new. I am not new to trailers so everything makes sense to me except whatever this is. I forgot to take a picture of it so I'm sorry. I will try to snap a picture of it when im there next (its in a storage building while I do the roof work) I will attach a picture of it zoomed in. It was in the background of another picture. I tried searching but came up empty handed. I have learned alot just by looking at threads and doing research. Hopefully I can contribute at some point.

PS I dont know how to attach the photo I have?

Thanks all
Welcome to the forum. That would be describing the location of the radio antenna on our 2011 3010. :)