SOLVED: Furrion Vision S Camera powering question

Dmetcalf

I noticed after I purchased this new camper in January of this year that when I had it parked at home plugged into the shore line my rear camera would be powered up because I could see a small blue led light illuminated on it. Now, after a couple months it isn’t on (led light) and when plugged into the truck the rear camera doesn’t work. The red trailer clearance lights illuminate but the camera does not ..? Any ideas ..?

jbeletti

Re: Furrion Vision S Rear Camera question

I suggest you look for a red rubber fuse holder in your battery bay and check the fuse.

Dmetcalf

Re: Furrion Vision S Rear Camera question ISSUE SOLVED..!

I looked everywhere for a blown fuse to no avail then I decided to take the camera body apart to look for a possible connection issue..! There it was ... the male/female connection came apart inside of the body of the rear camera. I reconnected it and wrapped some black tape around it to help keep it held together and we are back in business..! I do however have one concern ... the hot lead is always on meaning the hot lead isn’t wired to the rear clearance lights like my previous cameras were ..? They must have it wired to the hot lead going to the rear awning and awning light. With the camera always on do I need to be concerned about the life of the camera or Does it really matter ..?

LBR

The power should be coming from the front electrical compartment to that camera on it's own dedicated wire. Look for the single red rubber fuse holders in there...may be 2 or 3 of them. It is highly likely it is one of them.

Pull fuses one at a time until the blue light goes off....that is the feed wire that you can hook to a different source such as a TV switched, lighting, or just an added toggle switch on your CY itself.

I ran an extra feed wire up to my 7 way connector box (at the pin box) from the electrical compartment and tied into the tail light circuit....as I always tow with my park lights on.

Dmetcalf

The power should be coming from the front electrical compartment to that camera on it's own dedicated wire. Look for the single red rubber fuse holders in there...may be 2 or 3 of them. It is highly likely it is one of them.

Pull fuses one at a time until the blue light goes off....that is the feed wire that you can hook to a different source such as a TV switched, lighting, or just an added toggle switch on your CY itself.

I ran an extra feed wire up to my 7 way connector box (at the pin box) from the electrical compartment and tied into the tail light circuit....as I always tow with my park lights on.

I looked around in the battery area up front and I found 2 red hot leads with a fuse blade in line. Of coarse they aren’t marked at all. Will it damage my camera if it’s continuisely powered on .?

LBR

I looked around in the battery area up front and I found 2 red hot leads with a fuse blade in line. Of coarse they aren’t marked at all. Will it damage my camera if it’s continuisely powered on .?
Many here have reported theirs are wired 24/7 with no ill effects, so these Furrion Cameras have very good reports of being used in a full-duty, 100% cycle world.

As mentioned, one of those fuse holders is probably for the camera....the other is probably for the "Zamp" plugin for external solar panels.

Dmetcalf

Many here have reported theirs are wired 24/7 with no ill effects, so these Furrion Cameras have very good reports of being used in a full-duty, 100% cycle world.

As mentioned, one of those fuse holders is probably for the camera....the other is probably for the "Zamp" plugin for external solar panels.

Thanks I was hoping these cameras would be of good quality and should be ok to be powered on continuously without any ill effect..! I did find a 3rd fuse holder for a hit lead designated for an external solar panel. It was the only one marked actually...

esscobra

mine furrion rear camera has been on for nearly 2 years now and no issues- I do have plan to add remote switch just have not made it that far on my to do lists-

Dmetcalf

I did find the dedicated hot wire with a in line fuse up in the front area by where the batteries are at..! I just took the fuse out and will reinsert when we get ready to head out. I think I’ll wire in a switch later on to make this a bit easier.

jbeletti

I did find the dedicated hot wire with a in line fuse up in the front area by where the batteries are at..! I just took the fuse out and will reinsert when we get ready to head out. I think I’ll wire in a switch later on to make this a bit easier.

Cool!

pday1213

Duane,
Could I ask if you could take a pic of the fuse you found that controls the rear camera and how you determined which one it is? I looked in front battery compartment and see about 3 of the red fuse wires. I have a 2019 Landmark Oshkish, I am trying to do the same as you power down the camera which parked long term,

Thanks I appreciate it

Dmetcalf

BE6F20B5-034B-405D-A4E7-3BB758EABB84.jpg
Duane,
Could I ask if you could take a pic of the fuse you found that controls the rear camera and how you determined which one it is? I looked in front battery compartment and see about 3 of the red fuse wires. I have a 2019 Landmark Oshkish, I am trying to do the same as you power down the camera which parked long term,

Thanks I appreciate it

I labeled the wire after I found it. All I did was have my wife watch for the blue led light on the rear camera go off after I started pulling fuses (I only found 2 in line fuses) up front. So after the power was obviously off at the camera I labeled it. I also dbl checked to make sure the power was still on for the rear awning because I wasn’t sure if that same pwr source supplied pwr for that but the awning worked so I was left to assume that this pwr source was dedicated to the rear camera. I was surprised a bit because it had a 15 amp fuse in it and the wire was a bit heavier..? There you go, that’s how I found it ..! Hope this helps ..! I’ll place a heavy duty toggle switch to make this easier in the future

Last edited: