Level Up

rickandjoyce

Has anyone installed one of these systems? We are thinking of getting one and wanted to get some input first. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

carl.swoyer

Has anyone installed one of these systems? We are thinking of getting one and wanted to get some input first. Thanks in advance.
Rick, My 2012 Landmark Rushmore came with the lipert 6 point auto leveling system.
I would never own a fifth wheel without it. Push the button and wait about 1 minutes +- and you are done.
I do carry wood blocks to limit the extension length of the hydraulic piston.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

At the 2017 Goshen Rally, there was a Lippert special price of $4500, installed for the hydraulic 6 pt levelup. Work was done at the Lippert facility in Elkhart. They also had a special price for Ground Control 3.0 4-pt electric leveling system at $2699. I don't know if that includes the installation. Ground Control 3.0 is also available online for self install at about the same price.

Specials for the 2019 Rally aren't available yet, but you might find similar pricing if you're able to come to the rally.

Bogie

I installed Ground Control 3.0 4-pt electric leveling on my current Sundance, I ordered the OEM weld on brackets from Heartland. They also provided me with the engineering drawing of the frame that showed the proper location. I had a Lippert mobile tech weld them on. The rest of the installation is fairly easy. Just changing out the front jacks, running wires and placing control units.

i don't have any experience with the hydraulic version, but it's probably a bit more complicated running hydraulic lines. You will likely need to have the mounting brackets welded on for this version as well.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I’m not sure that Lippert will sell the Level Up system as a DYI kit. They do with Ground Control.

I believe your ElkRidge has electric front landing gear, so that will make things a little more complicated for the hydraulics. The electric Ground Control might be a great option. Though, Lippert told me that they have a length limit for that system. (Granted it was 4 years ago).

While we we were at the Goshen rally in 2015, we took advantage of their show special and had the entire system changed over to the hydraulic Level Up. 9 hours at their shop. But it was worth it. They tore out the front landing gear and welded in all new hydraulic. Plus the installed all new pump and reservoir. Completely seperate from the slide out system. We were very happy and LOVE it!!

2ivk9ea.jpg

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I had one installed on my 2008 Bighorn at United RV in Fort Worth Tx a few years ago. It actually took three full days to do and cost about $3500.00 it was well worth it and as I get older it’s really worth it. Don’t just get the four point, go with the six point, it’s more stable. I don’t think this is a DIY project either. Just my opinion,,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I had my 2007 done in 2009 when Trailair was still was on its own. It took 2 guys 9 hours to install at a price of $2400 . They replaced front electric jacks added the 4, a bigger pump and reservoir. It is the best money I have ever spent on my rig and no problems what so ever since. I still stand back to watch it do its thing in awe with a big smile on my face.