Looking at a 2011 Elkridge 35QSQB model. Opinions please!

Hello everyone. New member here.
I am going to look at a 2011 Elkridge 35QSQB model here in the next day or two.
I don't know much about the Elkridge line. We are a family of 5 that lives in our rig 3-4 months out of the year at our local lake (15 mins from our house).

What is the quality like of these units? Are they made to be used that much or will things fall apart?
Are the Elkridge models considered an entry level? Mid level? etc.?

We really like the layout and features of this unit compared to others we have seen.

Thank you for your info!

jimtoo

Hi Kansascamper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure you will get some suggestions from our other owners soon.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Elkridge in 2011 was a mid-level rig, with only Big Country, Bighorn and Landmark above it.

That said, they were built for "recreational use", not "fulltime". The holding tanks are not the largest, the fridge and microwave may be kinda small, and the insulation values are not as good as a full-time targeted coach. They didn't have the best tires on them, either, so make sure they have upgraded the tires to a tire that doesn't say "Tow King" or "Tow Master".

We had a 2010 Elkridge, and my husband lived in it 1 year, the two of us about 7 months. Overall, the rig handled the wear and tear as well as any could, but we could tell over time it was not the best choice. We moved to a full time Big Country in Jan of 2016, and feel much more comfortable.

I think if you understand there will be some limitations, you can work with them, especially if the floorplan fits your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk