Does anyone know why the inside of this door has cracked?

Does anyone know why the inside of this door has cracked?
This is on a 2011 Elkridge camper I am considering purchasing.

Does it look like it is simply cheap products caused by vibrating, temp extremes, etc?
Or is it possible water damage or something more serious?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

rhodies1

Are there any signs of the door being swollen,what does the exterior look like,almost looks like water intrusion and froze causing the splits..based on your pic,the trailer exterior near the door shows signs of decal peeling. Does the unit look like proper maintenance was done.
If the remaining parts of the door are ok,contact Heartland for pricing of the panel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When my cargo doors blistered and cracked due to water intrusion, it was along the bottoms, not all over like yours. The outer panels had swelling and the inner had splits. Water running down the sides of the rig would collect in the door frame and get sucked into the doors through small holes at the bottoms of the panel frames. Cured it with new doors and installing gutter above them to channel the water away.

From your photo, it’s hard to say your problem was water intrusion unless there is considerable damage at the bottom of the door panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Ours on our elkridge did the same thing the first winter it sat outside. Temperature swings? Anyway to fix ours, under warranty... they had to replace the entire door assembly, as you cant get the door by itself. Everything is riveted together.