Camping In Louisiana

New to owning a Travel Trailer, and we're going on our first trip to Lake Claiborne State Park next month. We are planning a trip to Disney World in October, where we will be staying at Fort Wilderness. I'm trying to squeeze a few more weekend trips before we make the journey to Disney so that I feel comfortable, and didn't know if anyone recommended other nice family-oriented campgrounds in NW Louisiana or SW Arkansas. Our rig is a Mallard M33, so it's pretty long. Any info would be appreciated.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum! I am not familiar with that area but I'm sure some other members who are will be along to make suggestions.

WitnessProtection

retired Arkansas Chapter Leaders
A couple of years ago, we camped at Colfax, LA in a nice park owned by the city. The campground is right on the Red River with full hookups at a decent price. Not a lot to do in Colfax, but we had family there and wanted to visit. It is a short drive to Alexandria and Natchitoches where there are many things to do. We have also camped at Mt Magazine and Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. The campgrounds at both are really nice, and if you have kids they will love digging for diamonds. We would revisit any of them.

'Lil Guy'

May I suggest Poverty Point State Park. Nice place, concrete sites and bears wandering around from the golf course next door.