Plumbing Vents

Gadgetman

Does anyone know where I can get a tank & plumbing vent diagram for a 2019 Bighorn 3760 EL??

Also, anyone know why plumbing vent pipes to the roof vent would move? Like upward forcing the vent caps to break loose??

2a.jpg2.jpg1a.jpg1.jpg

Plumbing Vents
Does anyone know where I can get a tank & plumbing vent diagram for a 2019 Bighorn 3760 EL??

Also, anyone know why plumbing vent pipes to the roof vent would move? Like upward forcing the vent caps to break loose??

Hi Jack,
Cant help you with a vent diagram ( I am sure the factory can) your vent stack to the roof is not secured properely. When you are underway the tank with contents moves as you travel. This may cause a loose vent stack to rise and fall. Securing it with the vent pipe protruding into the tank 1.5" (no more as you will loose tank capacity) then securing the vent pipe so it cannot move between the tank and roof is critical for proper venting.
If you would like to talk further please fell free to call me 831 801 4827 Doug. Drain Master, we specialize in RV Waste Management. Our wec site also has lots of good information, Drain Master dot com.

mlpeloquin

Never had the vent tops pop off except by being pried off by low hanging tree branches. There is a screw as well as the ping guides to center and secure the vent top. The caps must have to screw to secure it. Yes the cap can be ripped off by a tree branch with the screw remaining on the bottom section. Don't ask me why I know - several times!

Never had the vent tops pop off except by being pried off by low hanging tree branches. There is a screw as well as the ping guides to center and secure the vent top. The caps must have to screw to secure it. Yes the cap can be ripped off by a tree branch with the screw remaining on the bottom section. Don't ask me why I know - several times!

Jack,
Your standard vent cap is secured to the roof (not the vent pipe) so if the vent pipe is not, and moves up while traveling, it could pop the vent. The actual vent pipe should be secure and not move at all. Not seeing this first hand only by your earlier description this would be my best guess at what is going on. I recommend you make shure the vent pipe cannot move period! Make sure it is only sticking down in the holding tank 1.5" or less, I would do 3/4" personally so I could maximize the tank capacity. Remember once the liquid is higher than the pipe you will have a whole different set od issues to deal with because the tank is NO LONGER being vented. Check out the 360 Siphon on our web site,it is fixed to the vent pipe NOT the roof and it works way better than any others on the market.
Doug

esscobra

I replaced both of them with the 360 units when I picked up my 3760 2 years ago - no problems or orders- the black I used the camco 360 one which I used same model on previous trailer and never had black tank odors

Attachments

• 8693.jpg
    8693.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 41