Quality concerns

pmw2479

I am new to this site as I just found it. I purchased my 2019 fuel 250 last July. It had many issues and Camping World kept it for two months trying to resolve some of the issues. They include:

Body damage to skirting on 2 areas of trailer.
Vinyl floor pinched, ripples, and small rocks under it.
Numerous decals damaged or peeling off.
Bathroom door misaligned.
Other bathroom door slider mechanism hanging off wall.
Molding for ceiling either missing or dropping.
Cabinet doors not aligned.
All of the black paint around the back/loading door coming off.
No owners Manuel.
Wiring issue. Loose ground caused complete electrical failure.
Shower not caulked.
Broken shower head.

I am am sure I left things out. Many of these things were found after our purchase. Prior to purchase they showed us another that was even worse. When you spend nearly $40,000 you shouldn’t have these issues. Before we bought, we saw the heartland video online touting their quality and predelivery inspection process. I am really down on our trailer and wonder what I have gotten us in to. The dealership is slowly but surely fixing it all and says the repairs will be better than factory and last forever. This is not a comfort since the dealer has had my trailer on and off for months. I was told that Heartland does not have owners Manuels. I had to take the kitchen partially apart to discover that the trailer did have a really nice winterization system.

Has anyone else suffered with these problems?

Thanks
Paul

<tbody>
</tbody>

danemayer

Heartland does have trailer manuals which are normally found in a blue vinyl pouch in a drawer inside the trailer, or in a cabinet. The pouch also contains many manuals for the appliances and devices in the trailer. But given some of the problems you described, it sounds like perhaps your trailer was used at shows or for some other purpose prior to you buying it, and suffered some damage. When dealers take the trailer off their lot, they may remove the manuals from the trailer and forget where they put them.

You can download the manual (it's pretty generic) here. Manuals for your appliances and devices are probably in the manuals section of the forum, here.

We also have a number of owner-written user guides that fill in some of the gaps. They are in this folder.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
It is rare that you can buy a trailer these days without some issues. We have had a few but not as many or the same as what you are describing. I would be curious to hear what day yours was built. Our current trailer has a build day on a Tuesday and we have had very few issues. I hope that you can get your issues resolved and just start enjoying your purchase. Sounds like you are going to need some patience until that day.

Dave_Jari

Our owners' manuals came on a thumb drive when we bought our 2018 Road Warrior. There was also a blue pouch that had the appliance specific manuals in it. I hope you get this sorted out and can start enjoying your rig!

Lynn1130

You will find, from feedback here and on other sites that Camping World does not have the best reputation. If you are still under warranty I would suggest that you find an independent RV repair shop that has a good reputation and call Heartland for approval to use them. Generally the individual items such as refer, stove, etc are warrantied by the manufacturer and the repair shop can work directly with them for warranty repair. The coach problems will be on a reimbursement from Heartland but must be approved before repair is started. This should cut down repair time as the dealers have a habit of taking months to repair items that should take days. I would not wait to start this process because when July comes around you will be out of warranty and probably out of luck with warranty repair.

Lets face it CW & quality do not go together! We dropped our 305 off in December for a few minor issues, I am picking it up saturday. The worst part is they probably forgot something & what they did fix wont be craftsman like. I usually just fix it myself but figured they could store for the winter. I think in general build quality is ok but you really need to go over everything yourself & be prepared to do some work. Not saying its right, just reality, good luck.

DCR08

I am new to this site as I just found it. I purchased my 2019 fuel 250 last July. It had many issues and Camping World kept it for two months trying to resolve some of the issues. They include:

Body damage to skirting on 2 areas of trailer.
Vinyl floor pinched, ripples, and small rocks under it.
Numerous decals damaged or peeling off.
Bathroom door misaligned.
Other bathroom door slider mechanism hanging off wall.
Molding for ceiling either missing or dropping.
Cabinet doors not aligned.
All of the black paint around the back/loading door coming off.
No owners Manuel.
Wiring issue. Loose ground caused complete electrical failure.
Shower not caulked.
Broken shower head.

I am am sure I left things out. Many of these things were found after our purchase. Prior to purchase they showed us another that was even worse. When you spend nearly $40,000 you shouldn’t have these issues. Before we bought, we saw the heartland video online touting their quality and predelivery inspection process. I am really down on our trailer and wonder what I have gotten us in to. The dealership is slowly but surely fixing it all and says the repairs will be better than factory and last forever. This is not a comfort since the dealer has had my trailer on and off for months. I was told that Heartland does not have owners Manuels. I had to take the kitchen partially apart to discover that the trailer did have a really nice winterization system.

Has anyone else suffered with these problems?

Thanks
Paul
Yes, I also.
In September of 2018 purchased a 2018 Fuel 305.
Poor workmanship from Heartland and really poor service support on CW's part.
They had my unit from Oct 30, 2018 up until 2 weeks ago. All I got was the run around and the manuals provided are poor at best for a newbe RV'er. Would not recommend either Heartland or Camping World.

donr827

Before anyone signs on the line and handover a check they need to do a complete thorough PDI. Things that need fixing will be done quickly because they want your money. There are some books out there for newbies . Under tools on this web site there is a lot of information under HUG and HOM.

NP_Chief

Yes, I also.
In September of 2018 purchased a 2018 Fuel 305.
Poor workmanship from Heartland and really poor service support on CW's part.
They had my unit from Oct 30, 2018 up until 2 weeks ago. All I got was the run around and the manuals provided are poor at best for a newbe RV'er. Would not recommend either Heartland or Camping World.

I'm probably gonna catch some grief because of this but, here it goes anyway...

Think of it like buying a car... 9 times out of 10 there's gonna be something wrong. If you don't think so, look at all the recalls on the NHTSA website. There are just so many more components on camper/RV's that can go wrong, no matter the brand. That's why it's so important to do your research before you buy and do a thourough inspection on the rig before you sign the papers. We bought a Heartland because it was the best fit for us. And yes there was some things that had to be adressed on the PDI. And yes there were some things I missed but, I expected it. Should I have to expect it... That's a whole other debate.

DCR08

I'm probably gonna catch some grief because of this but, here it goes anyway...

Think of it like buying a car... 9 times out of 10 there's gonna be something wrong. If you don't think so, look at all the recalls on the NHTSA website. There are just so many more components on camper/RV's that can go wrong, no matter the brand. That's why it's so important to do your research before you buy and do a thourough inspection on the rig before you sign the papers. We bought a Heartland because it was the best fit for us. And yes there was some things that had to be adressed on the PDI. And yes there were some things I missed but, I expected it. Should I have to expect it... That's a whole other debate.

We did do the inspection and was promised all would be right. The problem with this Industry and this country is Integrity.
When I bought my houses, they were move in ready not so with the trailer.
I'm done.

avvidclif

We did do the inspection and was promised all would be right. The problem with this Industry and this country is Integrity.
When I bought my houses, they were move in ready not so with the trailer.
I'm done.

Your correct response should have been "When you get it right we'll think about signing the papers"

We just picked ours up from CW, not bad they fixed 3 out of 6 lol! Thats pretty good for them, plus I didn't expect much I keep my expectations low with CW. The good part was they didn't cause any collateral damage so thats a plus, they replaced a interior wall section & all the seam tape & did a pretty good job. Now the bad, they didnt replace the missing water tank support that fell off or the ones that were lose or the broken sewer pipe support. I advise every one check under your water tank, they are held in with self tappers. I have to say overall we really like the camper & hopefully when we get the bugs worked out it will give us years of good memories.

mlpeloquin

Ok. Find an independent RV repair shop and see if Heartland and they will work together. They will get everything fixed so fast your head will spin. They will evaluate, call Heartland, get approval for the repairs, and if needed, order parts. If it is safe to do so you can use your RV while the parts are on order, because they do not want your fifth wheel taking up space when they cannot work on it. When the parts are in, it will be fixed in a day to three days. The independent shops do not fool around.

justneil

I bought a 2022 Pioneer RG27 in August, this is october and have had nothing but problems out of it. I had to email marcusvip@campingworld.com before my dealership would take me seriously. My camper is literally falling apart from the inside out. Wall paper falling off everywhere, microwave broken, led outside strip broken, water leaks, doors not aligned(thats plural), paint splatters, blemishes everywhere, refrigerator malfunctioning, rusting in various places, drawers falling apart, paneling falling off the walls, nails pushing out, the list goes on. Ridiculous, I didn't waste much time to contact someone higher up after my dealer gave me to go around. I'm living in this thing full time and having to take off work now to take it 400 miles back to the dealer because no-one close to me that excepts my warranty will touch it with this many problems. If your dealer wont work with you email marcusvip@campingworld.com I emailed them Friday evening and my dealer contacted me Monday around noon. Begging to let them help me. We will see how the repairs go.