Cyclone 3611 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

danemayer

I called the customer service line, was transferred to a Jake who confirmed that is without fresh, grey, or black water or LP in the tanks.

We will empty everything out of the RV but leave the water tank full and hit the scales just in case they actually have 1,300lb of stuff stored in the unit. By your estimation with a full fresh tank and everything else removed we should have close to 1175lb give or take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have an estimate. And I can't vouch for Jake sharing accurate information, or for whether you understood him correctly.

I'm reading the labels that seem to me to offer a pretty straightforward explanation.

There is another label that is usually yellow, that you'll probably find inside the main entry door jamb. That is the actual empty weight as the trailer was weighed before rolling off the manufacturing floor. The difference between the GVWR and the yellow sticker empty weight is the amount that can be put into the trailer, in the form of water, fuel, gear, clothing, toys, or anything else.

If any options were added to the trailer after it left manufacturing, that would not be reflected in the yellow sticker and would reduce carrying capacity.

When you weigh the empty trailer, maybe you should leave the water tanks and fuel tanks empty so you can compare to the yellow sticker.

If the loaded trailer weighs more than the GVWR, as a practical matter, there are some things you can do. One is to fill up the water tanks and fuel tanks as close as possible to your destination.

Another would be to upgrade the suspension, wheels and tires. It's also possible to reinforce the frame. None of that will change the official GVWR, but it will help and may cost a lot less than trading up to a trailer with greater capacity.

drittal

Still too heavy so a massive weight reduction is ongoing. Taking out a Happijack Bunk, rear TV, pads in the loft, a table, the patio gate, thinning out dinnerware and utensils, bedding, clothing...

drittal

After removing over 700lbs of gear and unnecessary factory items like happijac bed and ramp patio gates they have gone on 2 more camping trips and now have springs collapsed on the passenger side.

These dual axle Cyclone toy haulers cab do anything except haul toys larger than bicycles.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
After removing over 700lbs of gear and unnecessary factory items like happijac bed and ramp patio gates they have gone on 2 more camping trips and now have springs collapsed on the passenger side.

These dual axle Cyclone toy haulers cab do anything except haul toys larger than bicycles.

So knowingly towing overweight, the springs collapsed? How is that a manufacturer’s fault?

I am sorry you guys bought a rig that is not suited to your camping style.

RVs (including toyhaulers) are marketed just like anything, “buy this and have a perfect life.” But just like seeing a commercial with a truck towing the Space Shuttle, doesn’t mean you can do that, too. Buyer beware, you have to do your research.

drittal

So knowingly towing overweight, the springs collapsed? How is that a manufacturer’s fault?

I am sorry you guys bought a rig that is not suited to your camping style.

RVs (including toyhaulers) are marketed just like anything, “buy this and have a perfect life.” But just like seeing a commercial with a truck towing the Space Shuttle, doesn’t mean you can do that, too. Buyer beware, you have to do your research.

Because it was a “toyhauler” with no capacity for hauling toys. A dealer who asked the purchaser what they planned to haul with it and told them it would be perfect for them. When found out about the weight issues via 4 broken rims, we removed over 700lbs of gear and even some standard equipment to get within limits and changed how the RV was packed and loaded. A few months later now collapsed springs. Heartland representatives told us we were weighing it wrong and take it to the dealer to have them weigh it. Dealer says it’s not something they do.

My warning to anybody looking at a dual axle Cyclone is don’t get one if you want to carry anything besides food, clothes, and camp gear.

avvidclif

What some folks don't realize is the 300 lb generator is an option and not included in the sticker on the outside wall.

Lynn1130

My warning to anybody looking at a dual axle Cyclone is don’t get one if you want to carry anything besides food, clothes, and camp gear.

I have been carrying two Honda Quads and they have now been replaced with a Honda Pioneer 700-4 SXS and have had none of the problems you mention. On many trips where we boondock, I have two weeks worth of food, all of the camping gear, and a full load of water.

drittal

I have been carrying two Honda Quads and they have now been replaced with a Honda Pioneer 700-4 SXS and have had none of the problems you mention. On many trips where we boondock, I have two weeks worth of food, all of the camping gear, and a full load of water.

Because your older 3010 doesn’t have a 15,400lbs dry weight on 17,000lbs GVWR like the current offerings 3600/3713 and the 3611 with the issues.

Dry weight of yours is listed under 11k with a gross over 16k. Enjoy your model, it is actually a toy hauler.

Lynn1130

Dry weight of yours is listed under 11k with a gross over 16k. Enjoy your model, it is actually a toy hauler.

I am not sure where you are pulling your figures from, although I can guess, but the 3010 is 11252 dry on two 7K axles for a GVWR of 14000. To be 16K it would need 2-8K axles and that is not what is has. And I have the spec sheet for mine right here in front of me.

drittal

I am not sure where you are pulling your figures from, although I can guess, but the 3010 is 11252 dry on two 7K axles for a GVWR of 14000. To be 16K it would need 2-8K axles and that is not what is has. And I have the spec sheet for mine right here in front of me.

You are forgetting the tongue weight, which is added on top of the axle ratings.

For the ratings I pulled for the 3600 and 3713... straight from the heartland website.

For example...
IMG_5878.JPG

17,000 GVWR on 2x7,000lbs axles.

Specs for 3010 pulled from...
IMG_5879.JPG

Or from a brochure...
IMG_5880.JPG

Cheers.

Lynn1130

Sorry but again you have pulled figures from someplace other than reality. The figures and photos you post are NOT for the 2011 3010. I gave you the figures directly from the paperwork of mine, bought new in 2011.

I really cannot make it any more clear than I did in the post previously. The figures I gave you are accurate, as posted by Heartland at the time I purchased. If you cannot grasp that, much like you seem to have issues grasping what others have posted for you here, I'm sorry but sometimes the truth hurts, or some do not want to hear the truth. In your case it seems to be the latter.

https://www.generalrv.com/product/used-2011-heartland-cyclone-3010-301780-26

Mine, exactly, right down to paint/decal scheme. Note the weights. And I do have the generator which adds another 300+ to the pin weight. Cheers!

drittal

Sorry but again you have pulled figures from someplace other than reality. The figures and photos you post are NOT for the 2011 3010. I gave you the figures directly from the paperwork of mine, bought new in 2011.

I really cannot make it any more clear than I did in the post previously. The figures I gave you are accurate, as posted by Heartland at the time I purchased. If you cannot grasp that, much like you seem to have issues grasping what others have posted for you here, I'm sorry but sometimes the truth hurts, or some do not want to hear the truth. In your case it seems to be the latter.

https://www.generalrv.com/product/used-2011-heartland-cyclone-3010-301780-26

Mine, exactly, right down to paint/decal scheme. Note the weights. And I do have the generator which adds another 300+ to the pin weight. Cheers!

You can browse the heartland past brochure page, going back to 2013 listing the CY3010 with a GVWR of 15,500 and dry weight of 10,935.

https://heartlandrvs.com/media-library/?broc=true&filetype=library/brochures/&model=Cyclone

I’d hazard a guess that sometime between 2011 and 2013 they way they calculated GVWR changed. As you can see they definitely don’t use the Gross Axle Rating as GVWR anymore. The 3611, 3600, 3713 dry weights are 1,300-1,400lbs over axle ratings.

Lynn1130

You can browse the heartland past brochure page, going back to 2013 listing the CY3010 with a GVWR of 15,500 and dry weight of 10,935.

I am not interested in browsing the others. I gave you the stats for mine, and the fact that since 2011 I have not had issues that you mention and I do load mine down at times. If you feel you have a case I suggest you pursue it someplace other than here as it appears none have your issues. You have received feedback from others and continuing to beat this horse here does little good. Perhaps you need to take it somewhere where you might find satisfaction.

drittal

I am not interested in browsing the others. I gave you the stats for mine, and the fact that since 2011 I have not had issues that you mention and I do load mine down at times. If you feel you have a case I suggest you pursue it someplace other than here as it appears none have your issues. You have received feedback from others and continuing to beat this horse here does little good. Perhaps you need to take it somewhere where you might find satisfaction.

You can try Facebook groups devoted to problems with heartland rvs, where I have found others with similar issues.

I will ask, do you think a dry weight of 15,400 with a GVWR of 17,000 is a toy hauler? 100 gal of fresh water, and 10 more in the water heater takes up another 1,000lbs. Leaving 600 for food, clothes, bedding, and toy. Also, every pound added to the garage of the 3611 took half a pound off the hitch and added it to the axles. Dual 7,000lbs axles.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Because it was a “toyhauler” with no capacity for hauling toys. A dealer who asked the purchaser what they planned to haul with it and told them it would be perfect for them. When found out about the weight issues via 4 broken rims, we removed over 700lbs of gear and even some standard equipment to get within limits and changed how the RV was packed and loaded. A few months later now collapsed springs. Heartland representatives told us we were weighing it wrong and take it to the dealer to have them weigh it. Dealer says it’s not something they do.

That’s a very generalized statement, “don’t get a dual axle cyclone....”

Maybe the advice should be “Don’t assume salesmen have your best interest at heart. Do your own research!”

avvidclif

All I have to say is why did they buy it? All the weights are on the trailer to look at before buying. GVWR and weight leaving factory are there as you have pointed out. Kvetching about it won't help.

drittal

All I have to say is why did they buy it? All the weights are on the trailer to look at before buying. GVWR and weight leaving factory are there as you have pointed out. Kvetching about it won't help.

My 70+ yr old parents were duped. They don’t do internet. They don’t look at the specs. They expected a toy hauler to be capable of hauling a toy. When I talked to the manager at the dealership he told me he has never pointed out or explained the stickers to a customer and doesn’t expect his salesmen to either.

I will ask you, do you think a model with 15,300- 15,400lbs dry weight with a 17,000lbs GVWR is capable of being a toy hauler camper? If so, the current dual axle CY3600 and CY3713 is right for you. I’d suggest you pack light.

drittal

That’s a very generalized statement, “don’t get a dual axle cyclone....”

Maybe the advice should be “Don’t assume salesmen have your best interest at heart. Do your own research!”

Think twice about getting a dual axle Cyclone currently offered by Heartland or the CY3611 model.

In the future I hope somebody does their research, finds this post and is informed.

LBR

Personally....being an Administrator/Moderator on six VerticalScope owned Forum sites for several years, I have determined this is a "Thread by Askhole".

I request moderators intervention on this FaceBook style of taunting membership. This obviously will be drawn out for months if left to fester and should be unapproved for discussion.

However, I praise the OP for their calm, collected, and cool style of posting....done VERY well, OP!

Thank you.
70dee9de53eed30993349fa42dfac004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.