Cyclone 3611 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl.swoyer

Personally....being an Administrator/Moderator on six VerticalScope owned Forum sites for several years, I have determined this is a "Thread by Askhole".

I request moderators intervention on this FaceBook style of taunting membership. This obviously will be drawn out for months if left to fester and should be unapproved for discussion.

However, I praise the OP for their calm, collected, and cool style of posting....done VERY well, OP!

Thank you.
70dee9de53eed30993349fa42dfac004.jpg
Where was the" op"when Mommy and Daddy's purchase was taking place? Seems to be endlessly venting / whining.
Thread should be closed due to no conclusion possible.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

drittal

Where was the" op"when Mommy and Daddy's purchase was taking place? Seems to be endlessly venting / whining.
Thread should be closed due to no conclusion possible.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

As my “mommy and daddy” are retired, I was working because the dealership is only of M-F and is located 100miles away. Dealer never pointed out the stickers, never mentioned the capacity, but did tell them the unit would be perfect for them and their needs.

I will ask you, is 15,400lbs dry weight on 17,000lbs GVWR and axle rating of 14,000lbs an acceptable margin for a Toy Hauler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drittal

I may sound like a broken record asking about the dry weight vs gross rating on the 3600, 3611, and 3713 models. However, the silence instead of answers is deafening.

All of you know that isn’t enough.

All of you know that my parents aren’t the only one who purchased one of these models not knowing how limited their capacity is. Dealers and salesmen who don’t know or don’t tell their customers. Manufacturer who knowingly produce these models with axles too small to pinch a couple dollars and hit a price point.

All of those who have could be putting themselves and others in danger unknowingly and the dealers/manufacturer wipes their hands of the mess they choose to ignore and deny.

danemayer

I may sound like a broken record asking about the dry weight vs gross rating on the 3600, 3611, and 3713 models. However, the silence instead of answers is deafening.

All of you know that isn’t enough.

All of you know that my parents aren’t the only one who purchased one of these models not knowing how limited their capacity is. Dealers and salesmen who don’t know or don’t tell their customers. Manufacturer who knowingly produce these models with axles too small to pinch a couple dollars and hit a price point.

All of those who have could be putting themselves and others in danger unknowingly and the dealers/manufacturer wipes their hands of the mess they choose to ignore and deny.

Hi drittal,

Clearly, the carrying capacity of the 3611 your parents have is lower than people carrying toys would want. And now, for that and probably other reasons, it's no longer being sold.

As for solutions, the axles, wheels and tires could probably be upgraded for less than $6K. While that's a lot, it's probably way less than trading up to a different trailer. But, there could be other limiting factors. For example, a 10" frame, if that's what your 3611 has, might not carry any more than the current GVWR. So if upgrading axles, etc., spending a little more to strengthen the frame would be prudent. Reinforcing bars could probably be welded in to add strength. Crossbars would probably also be good.

Recognize that even if you do all this, the GVWR on the official plaque cannot be changed.

It's my impression that most owners have no idea what their actual weight is or whether they've exceeded GVWR. That applies to all trailers, not just toy haulers. On this forum, prospective buyers often ask what truck will tow a particular trailer, and they provide the empty weight of the trailer. Their thinking is that they wouldn't be adding much to the empty weight. They usually get a response that they should plan around the trailer GVWR, not the empty weight.

"Toy Haulers" often don't need enough carrying capacity to carry toys. Some people buy them to get office space, or for pets/show animals, or perhaps for grandkids to have play/sleep space. None of these applications require as much carrying capacity as for carrying toys. So a 3611 with lower carrying capacity may work just fine for some of these other uses.

In general, I think people are under informed and dealers don't help because they just want to sell. They don't want to give prospective buyers something to think about that might kill the sale. So they're not likely to help with any of this.

At this point, your parents might consider trading the trailer in for something more suitable. Or they might consider having some components upgraded. I'm not sure there's anything else in the way of solutions.

drittal

Hi drittal,

Clearly, the carrying capacity of the 3611 your parents have is lower than people carrying toys would want. And now, for that and probably other reasons, it's no longer being sold.

Unfortunately Heartland offers 2 models now with HIGHER dry weight on the same GVWR.

For example, a 10" frame, if that's what your 3611 has, might not carry any more than the current GVWR.

We will check this. Thank you.

At this point, your parents might consider trading the trailer in for something more suitable. Or they might consider having some components upgraded.

The later is the current plan.

drittal

It’s also not only dealer misrepresentation of the capabilities of these floor plans.
56b88b3f85e763c989916849a94b264c.jpg

Both floorplans for these models with same GVWR but higher dry weight show SxS in the garage. But there’s more...
a15366cb0fd57a580a4aedfff4ced24c.jpg

Both in the features tout a SxS friendly garage.

Too bad they can’t carry one without being over GVWR.

danemayer

A 2019 Wildcat Trail side-by-side is just over 1000 lbs. The carrying capacity on the 3600 and 3713 is clearly shown on the Heartland website as over 1500 lbs. That doesn't leave much for clothes, dishes, gear, etc. But some people will look at the numbers and make the necessary trade-offs.

And while you may be ready to say that 1500 lbs carrying capacity is so low as to be unusable, not everyone who buys one of these rigs intends to carry heavy toys. Maybe you can make your choices and leave room for others to make their choices.

drittal

A 2019 Wildcat Trail side-by-side is just over 1000 lbs. The carrying capacity on the 3600 and 3713 is clearly shown on the Heartland website as over 1500 lbs. That doesn't leave much for clothes, dishes, gear, etc. But some people will look at the numbers and make the necessary trade-offs.

And while you may be ready to say that 1500 lbs carrying capacity is so low as to be unusable, not everyone who buys one of these rigs intends to carry heavy toys. Maybe you can make your choices and leave room for others to make their choices.

Necessary trade offs? Like no water, no fuel, and minimal food, clothing, and wares? Our 3611js weighed 16,100 without water, without fuel, without Propane, without food...

I get it. You guys are rooting for the home team. You try to deny these units are way too heavy to be “side by side friendly” by throwing some reasoning out there, but you know that that’s BS. I’d be willing to bet the majority who own these models are unaware. I contacted one owner who’s problem was the dealer promised him his SXS would fit in the 3600, and was upset because it wouldn’t clear width wise when he took ownership. He had no clue it only had 1500lbs cargo capacity.

A number of posters have said to do your research before you buy. If this thread raises the awareness of just one potential buyer that these units are NOT “Side by Side friendly” then it’s a success. You can find pop up campers with higher CCC than these models.

danemayer

I think the subject has been fully covered, so closing the thread now so it doesn't become any more repetitive than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.