Cyclone 3611 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

drittal

Hello! My parents have a Cyclone 3611 and after discovering 4 broken wheels they have found the unit only has 1175lbs carrying capacity!
We hit the scales and found that with most of their camping supplies but no food or clothing loaded, it weighed 16,155lbs. With water and fuel added their toy hauler weighed 17,105lbs without a toy. On a 17,000GVW. With no water or fuel, just the RZR 900 in the back thy were just shy of 17,500lbs and a whopping 14,820lbs on the axles rated for 14,000.

anybody else weigh their 3611 and shocked by the abysmal capacity leaving a toy hauler that can either haul some water or a dirt bike but not both???

danemayer

Hi drittal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sounds like the 3611 isn't really the floor plan that your parents need.

"Toy Haulers" are used in many different ways; not just for hauling toys. Some people use the space as extra sleeping quarters, or for pets, or for an office, or just for an additional living area. So with the limited carrying capacity, it probably works well for some buyers. Not as well for others.

drittal

Hi drittal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sounds like the 3611 isn't really the floor plan that your parents need.

"Toy Haulers" are used in many different ways; not just for hauling toys. Some people use the space as extra sleeping quarters, or for pets, or for an office, or just for an additional living area. So with the limited carrying capacity, it probably works well for some buyers. Not as well for others.

It’s a toy hauler that shows a SXS in the Garage on the floor plan image. It’s a toy hauler that completely dry uses up 93.3% of the GVW. A toy hauler with 100g water tank, 10g hot water heater, 60lbs propane and 20g fuel cell that use up all the CC leaving nothing for clothing, food, bedding, and other necessities let alone one singular toy of any type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drittal

1175lbs CC, minus 913lbs for water, 60lbs for propane and you can carry 201lbs for everything else.

My dad stepping into it under these conditions puts it above GVWR.

6deba44694d9e725d6955e7fb6ed1a75.jpg

LBR

It seems like you're here attempting to stir up members with Facebook style complaints rather than seeking solutions to this issue.

Your second post on this site, post #3, really jumped back at danemeyer which is one of the most helpful people here. After no one posted for 3 hours, your post #4 seems to add more logs to increase the fire. Well, let's light a backburn fire for giggles and see how things go.

Why didn't your mom and dad do the simple capacities math before buying it? Are they unhappy with the unit, or is this just a scapegoat to vent? Are you unhappy because it won't haul your machine(s) if you borrowed it? Wheels/tires fatigue after 6-7 years on all trailers.

Just seems like Heartland is in your crosshairs when maybe the unit wasn't befitting for the family?

Chrisandsama

It seems like you're here attempting to stir up members with Facebook style complaints rather than seeking solutions to this issue.

Your second post on this site, post #3, really jumped back at danemeyer which is one of the most helpful people here. After no one posted for 3 hours, your post #4 seems to add more logs to increase the fire. Well, let's light a backburn fire for giggles and see how things go.

Why didn't your mom and dad do the simple capacities math before buying it? Are they unhappy with the unit, or is this just a scapegoat to vent? Are you unhappy because it won't haul your machine(s) if you borrowed it? Wheels/tires fatigue after 6-7 years on all trailers.

Just seems like Heartland is in your crosshairs when maybe the unit wasn't befitting for the family?
Well said, save the drama for FB.

Lynn1130

"Toy Haulers" are used in many different ways; not just for hauling toys. Some people use the space as extra sleeping quarters, or for pets, or for an office, or just for an additional living area.

I would agree if it were not for the fact that "toyhauler" tends to indicate that it is for hauling toys. Granted you have to do your homework when purchasing but if a company advertises a "toyhauler" they should build that unit to do just that. Most people who haul toys do it dry camping because they want to get away from the "RV parking lot" scene. That means a full load of water, food, coolers, and the toys. So, while I think the OP's parents probably did not do their due diligence they also should expect more out of a toyhauler than what they got.

This is going to get me flamed by the "flamers" on this site but many times a realistic complaint by someone who is disappointed in the results by Heartland gets blasted by others here. That is not fair. If they have a complaint, rather than flaming them, try to help. Isn't that what our mods seem to indicate that all of our good members will do?

drittal

1) I replied with post 4 when I was able to get a picture.

2)they were unaware of the existence of the yellow sticker, the dealer didn’t inform them of the unit’s extremely limited CCC.

3) unhappy? Yes they are unhappy. See point 2 above.

4) scapegoat to vent? Maybe, but more a warning to anybody else who might consider a 3611 or any of the other dual axle Cyclone models including those currently in production. Models with the same GVW but even higher brochure dry weights.

5) Mine toy hauler is good to 5k CCC and have no issue hauling any of my toys. Thanks for the concern.

6) the unit was purchased new less than 3 years ago. The fatigue you refer to should not be an issue.

7) Not befitting for my family? With sleep arrangements for 7, but can’t do that without being over GVW either. Leave the kids, toys, water, and fuel for the generator at home and this is the perfect toy hauler for your family camping needs.

drittal

I would agree if it were not for the fact that "toyhauler" tends to indicate that it is for hauling toys. Granted you have to do your homework when purchasing but if a company advertises a "toyhauler" they should build that unit to do just that. Most people who haul toys do it dry camping because they want to get away from the "RV parking lot" scene. That means a full load of water, food, coolers, and the toys. So, while I think the OP's parents probably did not do their due diligence they also should expect more out of a toyhauler than what they got.

This is going to get me flamed by the "flamers" on this site but many times a realistic complaint by someone who is disappointed in the results by Heartland gets blasted by others here. That is not fair. If they have a complaint, rather than flaming them, try to help. Isn't that what our mods seem to indicate that all of our good members will do?

Thank you. Having come from a couple different smaller bumper pull types that handled their needs without issue they were not concerned about a 5th wheel toy hauler not being up to the task. They don’t do the internet, and haven’t educated themselves like many of us have through forums such as this.

drittal

The fact that tiny 17-20’ bumper pull toy haulers have double the cargo carrying capacity should speak volumes as to how truly low this 1175lbs CCC is in the real world.

BLR

FB is a friend to many a people..

Several people don't do research and expect others to do it for them..

Toys can also be golf cart, bicycles, ultra glides.

People need to be accountable for said actions,
Not defending Heartland or any other SOB..
DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH..
Buy Smart

Sent from BLR Logistics

WillyBill

Did anybody mention/consider the deduct off of total weight for the "Pin Weight" or "Tongue Weight" that is carried by the tow vehicle?

WB

jeffdee

I bought a 2014 Cyclone 3110 new. Max weight 16,000#, empty weight 12,820#, this left 3180# for golf cart, cargo and fresh water. The pin box has a 2600# weight. This fit the specs of my 3/4 ton tow vehicle I had at that time, and what I was looking for.

The salesman did not do this math for me. It was my responsibility. These specs were available at the time I was shopping. It was on the RV, in several brochures and a plethora of information online. I did due diligence before I invested a lot of money.

drittal

FB is a friend to many a people..

Several people don't do research and expect others to do it for them..

Toys can also be golf cart, bicycles, ultra glides.

People need to be accountable for said actions,
Not defending Heartland or any other SOB..
DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH..
Buy Smart

Sent from BLR Logistics

An ultra glide is 900lbs. Leaving 275 for all other necessities. Considering a 1350lbs rZR in the garage unloads 900lbs off the tongue and adds it to the rear axles my informed guess is that is going to exceed axle ratings.

Last edited:

drittal

Did anybody mention/consider the deduct off of total weight for the "Pin Weight" or "Tongue Weight" that is carried by the tow vehicle?

WB

Weight break downs...

Empty: 16,155 Pin: 3785 Axles: 12379
Water/fuel full: 17,105 Pin: 3830 Axles: 13269
RZR only: 17,505 Pin: 2685 Axles: 14820
Water/fuel/rzr: 18,455 Pin: 3065 Axles: 15390

17,000 GVW. 7,000lbs axles.

drittal

As an update, we called Heartland. The first person we talked to told us we didn’t know how to weigh our RV properly and hung up.

After calling back we talked to somebody less argumentative but who also told us we must be weighing it wrong and to progress it further we needed to have the dealership we purchased it from weigh it and if the weights are correct to have them submit a claim.

We called the dealership who was confused as to why Heartland would want them to weigh the RV as they don’t have a scale and he told us we must be looking at the wrong sticker because the brochure says it has a CCC if 1695lbs, not 1175. So he had a call in to Heartland because he couldn’t believe somebody from there instructed us to bring it to them for weighing. He also confirmed they never discuss cargo carrying capacity or point out the yellow sticker to prospective buyers.

danemayer

The upper label says the carrying capacity of 1175 is "calculated with the fresh water tanks full". Therefore, with tanks full, you still have 1175 lbs available for toys or cargo.

The lower label says "a full load of water equals 913 lbs....you should never exceed 2088 lbs" (water and other cargo) - a different way of stating the same thing as said on the upper label.

So as I read it, the 2088 max consists of 913 lbs of water PLUS 1175 of other cargo. OR with empty tanks, 2088 lbs of cargo.

Still, not as much capacity as your parents would like, but a lot more than you understand it to be.

1175lbs CC, minus 913lbs for water, 60lbs for propane and you can carry 201lbs for everything else.

My dad stepping into it under these conditions puts it above GVWR.

6deba44694d9e725d6955e7fb6ed1a75.jpg

jbeletti

Of no assistance to the OP or their matter, but just info to those who may be curious...

I spoke to AJ Jones, GM for the Cyclone product. He confirmed that the 3611 is a retired floor plan and that available CCC was a contributing factor to it's retirement. Doesn't mean it's not a great unit but more a recognition that most prospective buyers of it determined in advance that they wanted/needed more CCC.

drittal

The upper label says the carrying capacity of 1175 is "calculated with the fresh water tanks full". Therefore, with tanks full, you still have 1175 lbs available for toys or cargo.

The lower label says "a full load of water equals 913 lbs....you should never exceed 2088 lbs" (water and other cargo) - a different way of stating the same thing as said on the upper label.

So as I read it, the 2088 max consists of 913 lbs of water PLUS 1175 of other cargo. OR with empty tanks, 2088 lbs of cargo.

Still, not as much capacity as your parents would like, but a lot more than you understand it to be.

I called the customer service line, was transferred to a Jake who confirmed that is without fresh, grey, or black water or LP in the tanks.

We will empty everything out of the RV but leave the water tank full and hit the scales just in case they actually have 1,300lb of stuff stored in the unit. By your estimation with a full fresh tank and everything else removed we should have close to 1175lb give or take?

drittal

Of no assistance to the OP or their matter, but just info to those who may be curious...

I spoke to AJ Jones, GM for the Cyclone product. He confirmed that the 3611 is a retired floor plan and that available CCC was a contributing factor to it's retirement. Doesn't mean it's not a great unit but more a recognition that most prospective buyers of it determined in advance that they wanted/needed more CCC.

Which is unusual as the current 3600 and 3713 models have higher brochure empty weights on the same GVWR

Status
Not open for further replies.