Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cyclone 3611 questions

1. Print this Post   #1

Cyclone 3611 questions

Hello! My parents have a Cyclone 3611 and after discovering 4 broken wheels they have found the unit only has 1175lbs carrying capacity!
    We hit the scales and found that with most of their camping supplies but no food or clothing loaded, it weighed 16,155lbs. With water and fuel added their toy hauler weighed 17,105lbs without a toy. On a 17,000GVW. With no water or fuel, just the RZR 900 in the back thy were just shy of 17,500lbs and a whopping 14,820lbs on the axles rated for 14,000.

anybody else weigh their 3611 and shocked by the abysmal capacity leaving a toy hauler that can either haul some water or a dirt bike but not both???

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Cyclone 3611 questions

Hi drittal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sounds like the 3611 isn't really the floor plan that your parents need.

"Toy Haulers" are used in many different ways; not just for hauling toys. Some people use the space as extra sleeping quarters, or for pets, or for an office, or just for an additional living area. So with the limited carrying capacity, it probably works well for some buyers. Not as well for others.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    Hi drittal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sounds like the 3611 isn't really the floor plan that your parents need.

"Toy Haulers" are used in many different ways; not just for hauling toys. Some people use the space as extra sleeping quarters, or for pets, or for an office, or just for an additional living area. So with the limited carrying capacity, it probably works well for some buyers. Not as well for others.
    Itís a toy hauler that shows a SXS in the Garage on the floor plan image. Itís a toy hauler that completely dry uses up 93.3% of the GVW. A toy hauler with 100g water tank, 10g hot water heater, 60lbs propane and 20g fuel cell that use up all the CC leaving nothing for clothing, food, bedding, and other necessities let alone one singular toy of any type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Print this Post   #4

1175lbs CC, minus 913lbs for water, 60lbs for propane and you can carry 201lbs for everything else.

My dad stepping into it under these conditions puts it above GVWR.

5. Print this Post   #5

It seems like you're here attempting to stir up members with Facebook style complaints rather than seeking solutions to this issue.

Your second post on this site, post #3, really jumped back at danemeyer which is one of the most helpful people here. After no one posted for 3 hours, your post #4 seems to add more logs to increase the fire. Well, let's light a backburn fire for giggles and see how things go.

Why didn't your mom and dad do the simple capacities math before buying it? Are they unhappy with the unit, or is this just a scapegoat to vent? Are you unhappy because it won't haul your machine(s) if you borrowed it? Wheels/tires fatigue after 6-7 years on all trailers.

Just seems like Heartland is in your crosshairs when maybe the unit wasn't befitting for the family?

6. Print this Post   #6

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    It seems like you're here attempting to stir up members with Facebook style complaints rather than seeking solutions to this issue.

Your second post on this site, post #3, really jumped back at danemeyer which is one of the most helpful people here. After no one posted for 3 hours, your post #4 seems to add more logs to increase the fire. Well, let's light a backburn fire for giggles and see how things go.

Why didn't your mom and dad do the simple capacities math before buying it? Are they unhappy with the unit, or is this just a scapegoat to vent? Are you unhappy because it won't haul your machine(s) if you borrowed it? Wheels/tires fatigue after 6-7 years on all trailers.

Just seems like Heartland is in your crosshairs when maybe the unit wasn't befitting for the family?
    Well said, save the drama for FB.
    Chris & Sam Albers
    HOC # 5978
    2018 Bighorn Traveler 32RS
    slide toppers
    MORride wet bolt kit
    Eternabond on all roof seams
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9
    S&B air intake
    Air Lift 5000
    Suncoast Stage 2 Transmission
    Edge Evolution Programmer
    GDP 2 mic fuel filter kit
    Duquoin, Il.

7. Print this Post   #7

"Toy Haulers" are used in many different ways; not just for hauling toys. Some people use the space as extra sleeping quarters, or for pets, or for an office, or just for an additional living area.
    I would agree if it were not for the fact that "toyhauler" tends to indicate that it is for hauling toys. Granted you have to do your homework when purchasing but if a company advertises a "toyhauler" they should build that unit to do just that. Most people who haul toys do it dry camping because they want to get away from the "RV parking lot" scene. That means a full load of water, food, coolers, and the toys. So, while I think the OP's parents probably did not do their due diligence they also should expect more out of a toyhauler than what they got.

This is going to get me flamed by the "flamers" on this site but many times a realistic complaint by someone who is disappointed in the results by Heartland gets blasted by others here. That is not fair. If they have a complaint, rather than flaming them, try to help. Isn't that what our mods seem to indicate that all of our good members will do?
    2011 Cyclone 3010

2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML Crew-cab, short-bed, 4wd.
    Line-X Bedliner
    Fumoto Drain Valve
    Kennedy Lift Pump
    Edge Insight
    Air Lift 5000/Wireless Remote

8. Print this Post   #8

Cyclone 3611 questions

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post

1) I replied with post 4 when I was able to get a picture.

2)they were unaware of the existence of the yellow sticker, the dealer didnít inform them of the unitís extremely limited CCC.

3) unhappy? Yes they are unhappy. See point 2 above.

4) scapegoat to vent? Maybe, but more a warning to anybody else who might consider a 3611 or any of the other dual axle Cyclone models including those currently in production. Models with the same GVW but even higher brochure dry weights.

5) Mine toy hauler is good to 5k CCC and have no issue hauling any of my toys. Thanks for the concern.

6) the unit was purchased new less than 3 years ago. The fatigue you refer to should not be an issue.

7) Not befitting for my family? With sleep arrangements for 7, but canít do that without being over GVW either. Leave the kids, toys, water, and fuel for the generator at home and this is the perfect toy hauler for your family camping needs.

9. Print this Post   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn1130 View Post
    I would agree if it were not for the fact that "toyhauler" tends to indicate that it is for hauling toys. Granted you have to do your homework when purchasing but if a company advertises a "toyhauler" they should build that unit to do just that. Most people who haul toys do it dry camping because they want to get away from the "RV parking lot" scene. That means a full load of water, food, coolers, and the toys. So, while I think the OP's parents probably did not do their due diligence they also should expect more out of a toyhauler than what they got.

This is going to get me flamed by the "flamers" on this site but many times a realistic complaint by someone who is disappointed in the results by Heartland gets blasted by others here. That is not fair. If they have a complaint, rather than flaming them, try to help. Isn't that what our mods seem to indicate that all of our good members will do?
    Thank you. Having come from a couple different smaller bumper pull types that handled their needs without issue they were not concerned about a 5th wheel toy hauler not being up to the task. They donít do the internet, and havenít educated themselves like many of us have through forums such as this.

10. Print this Post   #10

The fact that tiny 17-20í bumper pull toy haulers have double the cargo carrying capacity should speak volumes as to how truly low this 1175lbs CCC is in the real world.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast