Level up

larkinstuart

Installed 6v golf batteries, now have 4 batteries parallel. Operating jack (back) and it took three tries to raise, sometimes a clicking noise. The same with the front jacks. Tried to operated the front jacks again and only goes up part way.
Any suggestions or help appreciated. 6 poit level system on 2017 3270 Big Horn

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What is your voltage at the level up control panel. If you have the one with the display ??

You did hook positive to negative on the 6volt battery correct ??

Jerrod
4f907dea20b5c3cadb3398485cc98b9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

larkinstuart

What is your voltage at the level up control panel. If you have the one with the display ??

You did hook positive to negative on the 6volt battery correct ??

Jerrod
4f907dea20b5c3cadb3398485cc98b9d.jpg

Yes batteries hooked up correct.Have no display. Ran volt meter on batteries getting 13.4 volts. Lippert tech thinks batteries not fully charged. Larry doesn't think so, been on shore power for 6 days. Don't hear solenoid clicking.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Could be a bad ground, or weak breaker, or solenoid going bad.
Have larry call me later when he has time.

danemayer

Yes batteries hooked up correct.Have no display. Ran volt meter on batteries getting 13.4 volts. Lippert tech thinks batteries not fully charged. Larry doesn't think so, been on shore power for 6 days. Don't hear solenoid clicking.

13.4V DC is the output of the Power Converter. If shore power is turned off, and left off for 15 minutes, you can take a reading and find out what the batteries are really doing.

hoefler

Installed 6v golf batteries, now have 4 batteries parallel. Operating jack (back) and it took three tries to raise, sometimes a clicking noise. The same with the front jacks. Tried to operated the front jacks again and only goes up part way.
Any suggestions or help appreciated. 6 poit level system on 2017 3270 Big Horn

If in fact you have your batteries wired parallel, you only have 6 volts. You need 2 battery banks of 2 batteries. Each bank needs 2 batteries in series which gives you 12 volts for each bank, then the 2 banks are wired parallel for 12 volts total.

Gaffer

If in fact you have your batteries wired parallel, you only have 6 volts. You need 2 battery banks of 2 batteries. Each bank needs 2 batteries in series which gives you 12 volts for each bank, then the 2 banks are wired parallel for 12 volts total.

What he said. Good luck.

beer.gif