Screw jack stabilizers

MtFire

Just wondering if anyone has changed out the rear screw jack stabilizers to electric jacks? I have a Sundance 269TS Thanks for your thoughts.

danemayer

Hi MtFire,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We've got a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so if anyone has changed out their rear stabilizers, I expect you'll hear from them shortly.

MtFire

My Torque had these on it when I purchased it.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack/Ultra-Fab-Products/UF39-941705.html

I think it came with screw type from the factory and the previous owner upgraded to the electric. They work great and I'm glad they were upgraded. From the looks of it, they don't seem to hard to install.

Thanks for the input. It appears that may be what I was thinking about to use. Do they have enough power to really stabilize the unit? Was wondering if there may be individual units to help level the trailer.

MTPockets

Thanks for the input. It appears that may be what I was thinking about to use. Do they have enough power to really stabilize the unit? Was wondering if there may be individual units to help level the trailer.
We had the rear electric stabilizers and they help, but still felt Motion inside. I then placed 6,000 lb capacity jack stands against the frame just forward of the wheels. I did that with the nose of the trailer high, then lower onto the jack stands. Afterwards, adjust rear stabilizers and the rig was rock solid....

NP_Chief

I have them on all four corners and each has its own motor and switch. Works really well for us.

Gary521

Do you want to "stabilize" the unit or do you want to "level" the unit? Electric stabilizers are not meant to level the unit. I believe the Lippert Ground Control will level and help stabilize the unit.

NP_Chief

The ones I posted the link to are only stabilizers and do not level the unit. However, they do work really well as stabilizers.