2019 Wilderness 2300 - two weeks into owning finally got on roof and noticed huge gap in front cap and rubber roof

chad4e

Purchased a new heartland wilderness 2019 two weeks ago. Decided to check all seals and found front cap and rubber roof was only about half sealed.
I guess my question now is how worried should I be if dealer just seals roof back up? It has rained all week here in Boise, worried that water is inbetween roof, frontcap,etc, and dealer will seal up front cap to roof trapping all the water inside? Leaving me a moldy mess in 6-8 months?
Just don't know looking for opinions, thoughts? Not sure anything I can do anyway, I assume dealer is only responsible for re-sealing. I guess my lesson is next time i buy an RV i need to climb up on roof before purchase? Just didnt expect this from a new camper.

oh yea, they missed sealing about half the camper, which dealer said they would take care of, and the table was mis-measured and wont fold down into a bed, dealer is going to have to remove benches and reattach. i can deal with all that, just not the leaky roof and mold, plus i have no idea how long it sat on lot and leaked.

Sigh.

avvidclif

There should be a build date on the trailer somewhere. If it has been exposed to rain and not sealed I would be conversing with Heartland about a replacement.