Level up question

bigdob24

Sometimes after being parked and the RV gets a bit shaky to re level, do I retract the rear jacks first or just hit auto level?
Did some reading and never saw anything about this.
BT

Gary521

If I am reading your question correctly, you think that releveling the trailer will make it less shaky. You can give it a try but I do not think this will help the shaky situation. I have Level Up and the stability of the trailer is not the best . Some people put leveling pads or blocks under the legs to reduce the amount of leg extension as this supposedly reduces the shaky factor. I, and some other folks, have remounted the legs to a lower position as this helps limit leg extension and help in some situations where the legs could reach full extension in uneven spots. I did not lower the front legs but the rear four legs 3".

danemayer

It'll probably do fine either way, but it's probably a good practice to retract the rear jacks first.

bigdob24

The Lippert people called back and they did recommend raising the rear jacks , lower the front below level and then auto level.
Also said to firm things up just put in manual mode and bump the rear and front jacks and see if that helps.
I do understand things can be a bit shaky , on my other RVs I had Level Up Stabilizers and they removed ALL the movement.
Don't want to install anything on this RV , I enjoy the ease of the level up and not have to add another step, getting lazy in my old age.
BT

mlpeloquin

Make sure that your tires are on the ground. If they are not, it does get a lot of movement. You will need to put block under the tires to keep them in contact with terraferma. A hitch tripod does help as well, but the more we camp, the less I use it.

billg

Sorry if this has been answered or if not in the right place,

Question when I leveled my first trailer, it was small, this one is not which is the BH280 (28' - 34') Any tips on what to use? inside/outside. I am a carpenter and can pull this off, but am I over thinking it ? is there a simpler way to level your longer trailer? 6' level, torpedo level, etc.

Just wondering what most folks do.....thanks!

NP_Chief

There are a lot of leveling products on the market... I use a torpedo level and lynx levelers. One of these days I'm gonna get some Anderson Levelers, but I will probably always use the torpedo level. It works well for me.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don’t think they still sell them, but I use an electronic LVL-1 device. Put the transmitter on the center kitchen counter and the digital receiver with me outside as I operate the Ground Control jacks. It can switch between front-back and side to side. Also some simple Hoppe’s liquid levels taped to the front corner will work, if you can put them on when you’re sure the rig is level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Question when I leveled my first trailer, it was small, this one is not which is the BH280 (28' - 34') Any tips on what to use? inside/outside. I am a carpenter and can pull this off, but am I over thinking it ? is there a simpler way to level your longer trailer? 6' level, torpedo level, etc.

Forgive me as I'm not sure but is this a 5er or TT? Really doesn't matter, your able to get it level at home by using a 4'-6' level.
1. Go crossways on the frame by jack if a TT, under the front storage compartment if a 5er. This will get you level side to side as you'll have to place planks of wood under the low side tires to do so.
2. Unhook truck and now place level under the driver's side frame going front to back. This will get you level.....well front to back after you raise front or trailer.
3. Buy some levels that you stick or screw onto the side of coach after you've done steps 1 & 2.
4. You can use the same type of level for the front, depending on wether it's a TT or 5er, for a 5er---most folks get those big bubble levels so you can see them from cab. Have seen same thing on TT's as well. Attach in some fashion.
5. Once you have the RV leveled at home and new levels" stuck" on, you won't need to use the carpenter or torpedo levels any more.

Gary521

Before I had Level Up on a former trailer, I added a level to the pin box. These are available from any RV store. These things have two levels on them: A large one for side to side and a smaller one for front to back. This way you can level the side to side before you unhitch and then level the front to back with the front jacks. No need to carry a long level. This would probably work for a travel trailer too. As someone may have mentioned, there are electronic levels now where you mount a sensor and then an outside device telling you what needs adjusting.

- - - Updated - - -

The Lippert people called back and they did recommend raising the rear jacks , lower the front below level and then auto level.
Also said to firm things up just put in manual mode and bump the rear and front jacks and see if that helps.
I do understand things can be a bit shaky , on my other RVs I had Level Up Stabilizers and they removed ALL the movement.
Don't want to install anything on this RV , I enjoy the ease of the level up and not have to add another step, getting lazy in my old age.
BT

You may want to look at the instructions again. I am pretty sure that the nose must be above level before you start the auto level process.

billg

Thanks I had missed some points but got it now from all the replies. Basically on the pop up, we leveled each corner, on the TT we would level the tires side to side first with the pads, then lower the jack, lose the truck, then set the jack to proper level the other way. Then set the stabilizer jacks down last. Got it! Appreciate the info.

avvidclif

Thanks I had missed some points but got it now from all the replies. Basically on the pop up, we leveled each corner, on the TT we would level the tires side to side first with the pads, then lower the jack, lose the truck, then set the jack to proper level the other way. Then set the stabilizer jacks down last. Got it! Appreciate the info.

A suggestion. Leave the front slightly low and then lower the rear stabilizers, snug. Then use the front jack to finish leveling and lower the front stabilizers.

TajMyhaul

Bad/Good surprise with screen on system. Turned on switch, green backlight came on, dots on the “baseball diamond” front, rear, left, right light up but no words visible!

I hit auto-level & thank goodness it did just fine & then the success beep rang out.

Any ideas on where my words on screen went & more important, how do I get them back!

I turned system off & on several times but no words.

Thanks

Fox

Now that I have auto leveling I no longer use this, but prior to my current 5vr I used a Free android cell-phone app (Bubble Level Galaxy). It worked for me.
My 2' (maybe 3') level went back to the toolbox.

TajMyhaul

One does get spoiled with auto level! Just wondering where the words on the screen went

avvidclif

The connector for the screen itself has a problem. Be it a plug in or zebra strip. Hopefully it's not the display driver.

TajMyhaul

Like I said it even though there are no words visible, the auto level worked.

A bit baffling. I’ll check connections

TajMyhaul

Just called Lippert tech. Only thing that happens to touch panel (part # 421484) is what I’m experiencing! $270 plus shipping.

I can still use this crippled touch pad till it comes.

Turn on & hit up arrow 3 times then enter to get into manual mode.

Wish we could be with you all at National Rally but grandkid birthday in MN is first priority

Have fun!