How Do I Delete Myself From the Forum

Theresau

We no longer own a Heartland or even an RV. I would like to delete myself from the forum and delete any threads I created.

danemayer

You've made 815 posts to the forum. It would require quite a bit of work to delete all of them. Some portion of the 815 is threads you started, to which others may have replied. The rest would be replies to threads others have started. Deleting other people's posts along with yours doesn't really seem appropriate.

If there's a particular post that you regret making, you're free to delete that post or edit it to make yourself more comfortable.

BLR

We no longer own a Heartland or even an RV. I would like to delete myself from the forum and delete any threads I created.
Sign out and don't look back..it is the easiest for you and the moderators

Sent from BLR Logistics

jbeletti

We can delete your user account. This will then happen:
- Your username changes to "Guest"
- Your posts remain but are attributed to the nebulous "Guest"
- You will no longer get any emails or PMs from the forum or users

If this is what you want, say the word and myself or any Mod can take care of that for you.

Wishing you all the best in whatever your next adventure is.

Jim
Admin

L

LoverMusic2416

Please delete my account from this forum. My husband and I no longer own a Heartland RV. Thank you.

Admin edit: removed email address in the clear

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

It would seem to me that any submissions to the forum are freely given to the public forum and no longer the exclusive property of the person making the submission; but now the shared property of the public forum and the original poster.

Do we need language to that effect to protect the forum ?

jbeletti

It would seem to me that any submissions to the forum are freely given to the public forum and no longer the exclusive property of the person making the submission; but now the shared property of the public forum and the original poster.

Do we need language to that effect to protect the forum ?

Hi Bill. Not a bad idea. The forum will be moving to a new platform and new webhost yet this year. We'll be sure to address this and other policies as we better learn the capabilities of the new platform.

That said, for this current forum platform (vBulletin), when we delete a user account at the user's request, their username changes to Guest and all of their threads and post replies remain intact, but shown as created by Guest. So right now, content is retained and like you, I prefer it that way.

Thus far, the only variance from this is Spammers. when they slip through, created new threads and post replies, we do delete their content when we ban their user account.

centerline

just wondering here.... why cant one just walk away and let their account "gather cobwebs"..... if no one else can access it, and if the owner isnt using it, what does it matter if its deleted or just setting there not being used any lonnger?

jbeletti

just wondering here.... why cant one just walk away and let their account "gather cobwebs"..... if no one else can access it, and if the owner isnt using it, what does it matter if its deleted or just setting there not being used any lonnger?

What you're suggesting is exactly how things usually go. We rarely hear from users who were just looking around a bit or moved on from the brand. And often times, former owners continue to contribute.

We don't delete old unused accounts.

cashmore

Hi Bill. Not a bad idea. The forum will be moving to a new platform and new webhost yet this year. We'll be sure to address this and other policies as we better learn the capabilities of the new platform.

That said, for this current forum platform (vBulletin), when we delete a user account at the user's request, their username changes to Guest and all of their threads and post replies remain intact, but shown as created by Guest. So right now, content is retained and like you, I prefer it that way.

Thus far, the only variance from this is Spammers. when they slip through, created new threads and post replies, we do delete their content when we ban their user account.

Hi Jim,

Do you mind or can you share what platform the forum is moving to? vBulletin is by far the largest one out there. I do like the new Heartland Corporate website, well done to whom was involved.

Chad

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

Do you mind or can you share what platform the forum is moving to? vBulletin is by far the largest one out there. I do like the new Heartland Corporate website, well done to whom was involved.

Chad

Hi Chad - Heartland moved the Corporate site to a Wordpress platform. They're doing the same for DRV and Cruiser RV.

I plan to move the forum to Xenforo2. vBulletin is still available (now owned by Internet Brands) but I feel it's time to move on. We plan to import the user and thread/post databases so we don't lose anything. Of course, there will be a small learning curve but not too bad. I hope to complete this by July 31st.

wdk450

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it was important to let EVERYONE know that the posts on this forum do come up in websearches (i.e. Google) on a topic, so they are out there in "internet heaven" indefinitely.