Fireplace fan

DruidZ

My fireplace in my 2010 Landmark works OK except that the fan is not running or at least running so slow that I can't tell if any air is coming out. How hard is it to pull the fireplace and check/replace the fan?

sengli

I had my electric fireplace apart once years ago cause of a similar issue. There is a squirrel cage fan, in there that blows air over the heating coils. They arent a precision piece of equipment, so just take it out and start to dis-assemble in a manner that makes sense. Parts may or may not be available for a unit that is older though. I ended up finding the company online and called for parts.

Might need to just invest in a newer version for a replacement.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Contact Dimplex, it may be under warranty. They had a longer warranty than most as I recall. They can sell you the part of not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to find the heater/fan for my older fireplace on ebay for about half of what Dimplex wanted.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Depending on how much money you might save, or if you want to gamble on doing the job twice, you MIGHT try just lubing the motor and fan bearings with light oil like 3 in One oil. Unless the bearings are wearing out, there isn't too much in a motor/fan like this to make it run slow except gummy bearings or dirt lodged between moving parts.

DruidZ

I finally took my fireplace out. The trim is nailed on so you have to pull that out. Then there is a screw and bracket at the top of the glass holding that in. Once that is out there are four screw on the inside of the frame holding the unit in place.

Without removing the four inside screws you can lift out the logs and that's where the bulbs are if you need to replace any.

Once I had it out I removed six screws holding the top part on exposing the heater/blower. At that point I turned it on and there was no noise like I heard before and it was blowing well. I vacuumed it all anyway and just put it back together. It is working much better now.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.