Leaking Jack

Redrider007

I noticed today that one of my hydraulic jacks is leaking from what I am guessing is the lower seal since the jack was covered with the hydraulic film indicated by the numerous gnats stuck to it as well as hydraulic fluid on the pad. Anybody with experience with this and suggestions would be appreciated. Kinda a bummer since the rig is only a 2015 and I dry silicone spray these before and after every trip.

Lou_and_Bette

Have you tried tightening the hose connections at the top of the jack? I know you said you thought it was from “the lower seal”but, when I developed a leak, a quarter turn on the connectors stopped the leaking. Worth a shot,and cheap fix if that is the problem.

mlpeloquin

If it is the jack, it will have to be replaced. Lippert does not sell the seals. I had one of mine replaced. I call Heartland with my vin number and got the exact part number of the jack. There are left and right side for the front and then the center and back jacks. I found an area of metal missing from the jack cylinder/piston. I surmise that when hooking up and razing the jacks the pressure of wanting to move backwards had eventually started cracking the cylinder and thus allowing the fluid to leak. Not much labor to change it out. Took less than 30 minuets for my RV service to replace it.

NYSUPstater

If you decide to replace vs trying to repair the jack, I created a video, showing the entire process. Should take less than 30 minutes.

https://youtu.be/ojHwfSHg2Ps

Watched the vid and one thing I think was missing was when re-installing the new ram onto the frame of the RV was to make sure you that the bolts were put back into the right holes. Common sense yes, but just something I noticed.

But if you have a local place that does hyd cyl for farmers or DPW's, why can't they fix a Lippert cyl?