Recommended replacement for Furrion DVD player in Mallard

My Furrion DVD player is awful. The Bluetooth doesn't work, DVD's have banding, etc.
It looks to be double DINN size, I was wondering what others are having luck with. I'd like something with a HDMI output and will fit in the same slot.
Thanks in advance!
Scott

Bigbovine

I have not looked too deeply at replacing mine yet. Ours has messed up several discs both audio and video since we bought our Mallard 3 years ago. If it were a Furrion problem I would imagine we would have heard by now, I just assume I have a faulty product. We do not use it for that purpose now. Outside of that it works fine as a radio. I am unsure as to the functionality of the Bluetooth because we haven’t used it. I also dislike the remote. My fix was to just purchase a cheap blue ray player. I do think I would like to replace it in the future when I don’t have other more important purchases for our trailer.
The player is considered double din. I just did a quick search and there doesn’t seem to be too many options. Only big name I see is Jensen. This doesn’t mean there are not other players, it’s just all I saw.

Thanks BigBovine!

I have searched and searched - seems the options are few. I see that Jensen one, and it doesn't have HDMI. There is another Furrion that has HDMI but I don't trust the brand at all. I want to be able to hear the TV through the speakers without using an awful 'aux in' headphone jack. I think it will be hard to find what I want, so I may settle for the Jensen and use what works. I don't even watch TV - it's for the wifey and kids lol. The speakers on the TV aren't bad at all.

I appreciate the input! Safe travels.

Scott P

GK2018

I've looked quite a bit for a double din bluray player to put in the place of ours as well and there doesn't seem to be many options just shy of a few that were quite a bit more expensive than I'd like to pay. We got a standalone bluray player instead. I've thought about getting a single din radio with a double din faceplate or just a double din radio and running the sound from the tv to that and letting it put the sound through the surround sound speakers or just splicing the speaker wires behind the radio and then tie the tv into those. You'd think with technology the way it is there would be a few more options out there lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi there! I just installed the Jensen jwm60a - I am going to have to make it work for me. It's a nice looking unit, sounds great so far and the bluetooth works! It was substantially larger than the existing unit but I was easily able to adapt it to fit. I'll update if there is anything remarkable once I begin using it more often.

Thanks all!

Scott P

GK2018

No problem! Hopefully it works out pretty good. One of these days I'd like to change ours out too but I'm trying to hold out and see if I can find one that's a bluray player to hook to the tv.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk