Thank you

JayPampu

Hi all thanks for adding me to group. My wife and I just purchased a 2014 cyclone 3100.
One thing the hot water does not last long after one or two minutes it turns cold. Any ideas?

danemayer

Hi JayPampu,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The water heater will operate on either propane, or 120V AC, or both. How are you running it?

If you run just hot water, is it really hot? How long does it stay that way?

Also, is it a Suburban unit, or an Atwood? If you remove the outside cover, there'll be a label with the manufacturer name.

JayPampu

Hi JayPampu,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The water heater will operate on either propane, or 120V AC, or both. How are you running it?

If you run just hot water, is it really hot? How long does it stay that way?

Also, is it a Suburban unit, or an Atwood? If you remove the outside cover, there'll be a label with the manufacturer name.

It is a Atwood heater and the water is very hot in a proper amount of time both with gas or electric heating. However it turns cold before sink is full not a chance of having a shower

mlpeloquin

If you have an outside shower, turn off the faucet handles. The spray head has a stop valve, but if the faucet valves are open, they will mix cold water with the hot. This will give you exactly the symptoms you are experiencing.

danemayer

If not the outside shower, the same thing can happen if the water heater bypass crossover valve is left open when de-winterizing.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Adding to the faucet position, be sure that the shower faucets are off as well.

Peace
Dave

sengli

We have the same water heater, and my wife and I can take pretty long showers and still not run out of hot water. So I doubt its a capacity issue. I know our rig when new, originally didnt heat the water very well. It was hardly warm, compared to our past RV's we had (running on electric only). I replaced the heating element in the water tank. Its been fine ever since.