RESOLVED - 2019 Cyclone no heat/too much heat

StephenW

I have a 2019 Cyclone 4007 with furnace issues. I understand that the bedroom t-stat operates the furnace. My heat is either wide open or not present. Below I will describe scenarios.

1. Apply shore power and furnace tries to ignite 3 times before faulting out. None of the t-stats are on and the propane is shut off at this point.

2. Start generator and furnace tries to ignite 3 times before faulting out. None of the t-stats are on and the propane is shut off at this point.

3. If I have the propane turned on prior to applying shore power or even starting generator then the furnace will fire immediately and stay running until I shut off the power source. I tried to turn on each t-stat at this point to control it with no results.

danemayer

Re: 2019 Cyclone no heat/too much heat

Hi StephenW,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

When the bedroom thermostat calls for heat, it signals a board located in the air conditioner. That board sends power to the furnace to start the blower and fire the ignition.

In your scenario, it sounds like there's a short in the wiring, miswiring, or a defective board that's constantly sending 12V to the furnace.

Did it ever work correctly?

StephenW

It has been like this each time I apply power. This past weekend was my first trip out since purchasing the unit. I can hear a contact close in the main bedroom A/C unit as soon as I apply power to the RV.

danemayer

2 suggestions:

1. Remove the cover from the thermostat and pull it away from the wall. Check the wires. If all looks good, swap the thermostat with one of the others.

2. If that doesn't help, and you feel confident getting on the roof, remove the cover from the A/C unit and see if you can expose the board where the thermostat wires connect. Looking for wiring problems.

StephenW

Dan,

Thank you for the help. The 2 female spade terminals for the tstat loop had stray wires when they were crimped and acting like a jumper. Cleaned the wires up and turned both terminals opposing each other.

danemayer

Dan,

Thank you for the help. The 2 female spade terminals for the tstat loop had stray wires when they were crimped and acting like a jumper. Cleaned the wires up and turned both terminals opposing each other.

So, it's working correctly now?

StephenW

Yes it is. I verified on/off cycle from bedroom tsat.

Attachments

• 20190417_151725.jpg
    20190417_151725.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31