New Bighorn with new truck

orion7144

Here are a couple of pictures before we head out tomorrow for our 1st trip in the new coach. I am quite shocked at how much squat there is in my new F450. Defiantly looks like I will need to add air bags. This is before loading it up completely and not to mention we are adding a washer and dryer next week. CCC on the F450 I have is 4700lbs

Attachments

• 20190417_135809.jpg
    20190417_135809.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 343
  • 20190417_134131.jpg
    20190417_134131.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 319

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations :) Don't worry, we also had to add air bags to our dually.

John T Bettencourt

Here are a couple of pictures before we head out tomorrow for our 1st trip in the new coach. I am quite shocked at how much squat there is in my new F450. Defiantly looks like I will need to add air bags. This is before loading it up completely and not to mention we are adding a washer and dryer next week. CCC on the F450 I have is 4700lbs
My 3500 GMC with my Landmark does not squat like that!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Awesome looking set up you have. Looking forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks in Berlin.
Congratulations,
Mark

NYSUPstater

I actually removed the upper hangers for the aux springs so the don't hit anything cuz I was getting a horrendous BANG when going over bumps. Folks were calling it "aux spring slap". Yes ours does drop some, bit overall, she's still pretty level w/o the aux springs engaged. My bad here, but haven't weighed this truck/coach since we got it last year (truck), but based on when we 1st got the coach and a trip to metal drop off place, pin weight is 3700 and truck is 9400+/-.

Nice looking set OP.

You might take a look at Timbren for your truck...probably around $400.

Made a huge difference on our truck.
The pin weight for our camper is 3,850.

orion7144

The Timbrens look promising. I will hold off till our trip in two weeks. I want to take some more measurements. I know it tows much better than my F250 as expected.

You might take a look at Timbren for your truck...probably around $400.

Made a huge difference on our truck.
The pin weight for our camper is 3,850.

Kbvols

For what it’s worth. I researched both air bags and Timbrens. The timbrens looked like they they would work but I had more confidence in the air bags working. I am very pleased with the air bags as they have totally eliminated the spring slap. They were easy to install and not that much more expensive than timbrens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jnbhobe

I use the air bags also, Timbrins are fine with with weight on them but without weight they are loud and slap a lot. Unless they have changed in the last few years I'll stay with my air bags.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
With the air bags you have some ride adjust-ability, with the Timbrens you get what you got.
JMO.

Peace
Dave

Stosh

Congratulations :) Don't worry, we also had to add air bags to our dually.

Where did you get your airbag for your dually?. I have a 2011 F-450 dually and mine also squats a little. Was quite shocked when I seen this.
Thanks