Telescoping ladder

NP_Chief

Anyone have a ladder similar to this one?

https://www.amazon.com/WolfWise-Telescoping-Aluminum-Telescopic-Extension/dp/B01B2OFNHM

I'm thinking it'll be a good multi-use ladder to keep in the Torque. Kiddos can use to access top bunk, I can use it to clean off top of slide, wash the rig, or access the roof. Just hoping someone else can give me some feedback on it.

We were on the way back from Suwanee River earlier this month and seen a Bighorn with a bike rack on the back. They had one bike and a 10-foot A-frame type ladder on the rack. Not sure I wanna go that route.

Gaffer

I had a home inspection and the guy had one to access the roof. Also had a contractor out to deal with some nail pops. In both cases they had this type of ladder and liked them. Don't know if they had name brand or Chinese knock offs but the one longer one that had been used for painting was not as easy to open and close.

Oregon_Camper

Ours looks about the same, but a different brand and it is ~$12 less.

I used it a lot last summer and never felt uneasy with the build quality. I NEVER felt like the ladder was going to collapse while using it fully extended. Very well built.

https://amzn.to/2IpnY6F

david-steph2018

We have one similar to it. As a matter of fact just got off the roof with using it. We had the new Fantastic fan screen come open, so I had to get up there to secure it, again. Used the collapsible ladder instead of the attached ladder. I got our ladder about a year ago, and have used it several times.
Pay attention to the weight specs on it, and the rating.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have the Extend & Climb version. After a few years it decided that it did not want to retract as easily as it was supposed to. To the point I had to flip it upside down and drive it together. It’s sitting in my garage awaiting my verdict on its fate. Now, besides the mounted ladder, I keep a Cosco Folding Extension ladder in the truck while using the rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Mine was getting a little stiff to retract. I put some Blaster Garage Door Lubricant on a towel and wiped it down. I sprayed the plastic locks lightly. Pinched the heck out of my had as it slid down faster then ever. Don't give up on your ladder.

Dmetcalf

We have one that extends out to 10 ft. And we love it ..! Comes in very handy around the house and out when we’re using the camper. Thumbs up ..!

NP_Chief

I found a 12.5' OxGord on eBay for $62 and some change with free shipping and a carry bag. Couldn't pass it up, should be here before our next trip. Thanks for all the responses.

We have one to. I use it all the time to clean off the slides or getting access to the roof. My older unit was about 2' shorter so I can definitely feel the difference with my new one but still can get up. It does feel pretty secure but I definitely recommend you always have another person helping you while you climb up.

jerryjay11

That same ladder is available on ebay for $69.89, free economy shipping, from multiple US locations. Just search for 12.5FT Aluminium Multi-Purpose Telescopic Ladder Extension Steps Tall EN131

I got mine from ebay as well.

'Lil Guy'

I have the green heavy duty extension ladder and it's solid as a rock. A little heavier but just feels better to me. I do remember it costs more than $69.00.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine is the green Type 1A version, rated for 300 lbs. so my weight (170) isn’t the reason it got finicky. I’ve sprayed Teflon Silicone lube on and in it. Works a little better but still needs to be forced to fully collapse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

I’ve had one of those for 7 years. Only used it once. To clean snow off my slide toppers so I could bring the slides in. It was so worth every penny. Easy to store. You’ll never know it’s there until you need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

We have one to. I use it all the time to clean off the slides or getting access to the roof. My older unit was about 2' shorter so I can definitely feel the difference with my new one but still can get up. It does feel pretty secure but I definitely recommend you always have another person helping you while you climb up.

When accessing the roof, I put the top rung over the fifth wheel's ladder. I have not needed to use it for anything else thus far. I do not use the existing OEM RV ladder for anything else.

NP_Chief

The ladder arrived yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. It seems to be well built and I think will do just what I need. Thanks everyone for all the replies.

Bookoo

The ladder is great but please learn from me. The hard plastic ends on the top corners can reek havoc on your decals. Buy a strip of rubber pipe insulation foam tubing an tape the whole top and corners. It will help from tearing decals if it moves a little and will help secure it from sliding when you are on it.

BrannonB

We have one that same style. And love it!! It stores easily beside the fridge in our outdoor kitchen and will extend about 2' over the roof line.