Where to safely mount a roof ladder

farupp

We have a 2018 NT 24BHS with out a ladder to the roof. Is it possible to get a diagram showing where on the back of the trailer to safely attach a ladder to access the roof?

Thanks.

danemayer

Hi farupp,

In order to mount a ladder, the factory puts a backer board into the roof where the ladder mounts. But if the factory didn't install a ladder, they may not have installed a backer board either.

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to tell you what's possible.

However, you may find that a telescoping or folding ladder costs less and provides better support.

Bogie

However, you may find that a telescoping or folding ladder costs less and provides better support.

I have had both. You will also find that a telescoping ladder is much easier to climb than one that is straight up and down.

sengli

Like danemyer said, if the backer boards arent there, there isnt anything of any substance there to screw into. My last three fivers had the factory ladder set ups on them, and with my 250lb frame, I dont trust these to support me fully.

I use a super ladder to get me to the top wrungs of the factory ladder, then step on to the roof from there. The factory ladders scare me, as they are just bolted on with plastic hardware. And a fter being exposed to the elements for a few years those plastic stand offs are brittle.

farupp

Yes, I saw that, thanks. I have followed those posts and that is the type of ladder I will most likely get.