New owner with a couple of questions

Skittz

I have just purchased a 2019 Fuel 250. Since it did not come with an owners manual describing all its features, where they are and how to use them. And since the dealer doesn't seem to know either. I guess I will ask you guys.

The literature I found in the unit said it is prewired for solar. I went to the web site on the flyer and found a lot of components to buy but none specific to what I need. That aside I did see the plug in device used for hooking up the solar panels. My question is where is this plug in located? I have seen these before and they are usually located on an outside wall similar to a cable tv inlet. I have looked all around and cant seem to find it. I do have a spot on the inside control panel for the monitor to go but the panel plug has eluded me.

My second question is about the prewire for a back up camera. I do see the mount above the ramp door. Is this wired just for power for a wireless system or hardwired for a hardwire system?

Thx for any help you can give me as my dealer has not impressed me with there knowledge so far.

danemayer

Hi Skittz,

I'm sure another Fuel owner can tell you exactly where the solar port is located. But from what I've seen in the past, if it's not on the front of the trailer, you might take a look on the roof, where it would be handy for a roof mounted panel.

The pre-wiring for the backup camera would be power, not data. You'll probably find that all of the backup cameras are wireless as installation would be much trickier if you had to run a data cable all the way to the dashboard in the tow vehicle.

There are two types of back up cameras. The higher priced cameras have a fast refresh rate that allows usage while towing, as well as back up. The lower priced cameras are only for back up.

Heartland has wired the power in different ways. You'll probably find an inline fuse holder in the front compartment and you may have to supply the fuse in order to send power to the camera connector. It'll probably be powered any time you're hooked up to the tow vehicle. That's what you'd want for a camera used while towing. But if you choose a back up only camera, if you want to keep it powered only when backing up, you may want to add a switch.

We have a 305 & there are wires for solar on the roof, not sure where they go as I havent looked into solar yet.

There should be a sticker inside, on the 305 it is on the wall on the side of the fridge. It says Go Solar or something like that. It has dashed lines and is meant to be a template for cutting a hole. Behind there are wires that feed from the roof, and more that connect to the battery. Both of these need to be connected to a solar charge controller.

As far as the backup camera is concerned, it is just power wire that is energized when your tow vehicle lights are on. You need to buy a wireless camera and monitor. It does not have to be the Furrion camera system.

Skittz

There should be a sticker inside, on the 305 it is on the wall on the side of the fridge. It says Go Solar or something like that. It has dashed lines and is meant to be a template for cutting a hole. Behind there are wires that feed from the roof, and more that connect to the battery. Both of these need to be connected to a solar charge controller.

I know about the location for the solar charge controller. I have searched everywhere for the solar panel wire connection on the roof, the sides and underneath. Still I cannot find it.