Pex fittings

carl.swoyer

I'm new to pex fittings so if the od is 1" do you order 1" pex fittings. My water hose is one inch od.
I am asking because I ordered 1" and when they came in they measured 1 1/4" wide although the bag said 1"
Thanks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good chance if the OD is 1”, the size you need is a 3/4” ID. Wall thickness is 1/8”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Carl,

interesting that you say “water hose”. I am no plumber but I always thought pex was for pipe.

If if you are talking about the garden variety of hose....don’t think Pex will work.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding.

SLO

PEX pipe follows the sizing as copper with a twist. Copper pipe, if labeled 1/2”, is 1/2” ID and is 5/8” OD. But, the ID of copper changes a little if you’re using “M”, “L” or “K” copper but the OD remains the same at 5/8” OD. So, PEX has the same OD as copper and Shartbite fitting will connect the two together. PEX pipe wall thickness is greater than copper. They are both 5/8” OD but they are not both 1/2” ID.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Carl,

interesting that you say “water hose”. I am no plumber but I always thought pex was for pipe.

If if you are talking about the garden variety of hose....don’t think Pex will work.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding.
I'm splicing three water hoses together using a brass coupler.
Thanks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Carl,

I make hoses using 5/8" water hose, brass fittings and PEX 3/4" clamps. Much neater then hose clamps, and they don't leak.

CDN

B and B
Your Black Flush is a 5/8 hose crimped down to a 1/2 inch PEX union. I added 2 ft of pet to mine when straightening up basement piping.