Bunkroom TV Fuzzy

dlafko

Hello all,
I have 3 tv's in my Elkridge. 1 in the main area, crystal clear on any channel. 1 in the bedroom pretty clear on every channel and then the bunkhouse which some channels are clear and others are very fuzzy. I changed TV's Cable Cords and still fuzzy. I took the TV from the bunk house and put it in the other areas and clear as a bell.

I took it to the place we bought it and they changed out the splitters and ran new cable (they say) and still fuzzy.

Side note when they did this my radio now works while we are connected to cable which we where told before could not be done LOL.

Any other Ideas, they gave me the name of a place close to take it to which is fine but hoping someone else may have had the issue and found a fix?

Thanks
Happy Easter.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In my Prowler I had basically the same problem.

The cause...

The Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD receiver/stereo being connected to the roof antenna.

The instant I unplugged that stereo from the splitter inside the entertainment center...instant clear picture!

Hope this helps...

I had other problems as well, but I'll get into those only if I have to! :rolleyes:

dlafko

Did you put in a separate antenna for the radio then? How do you know which cable was for the radio? I have 4 white Cable cords all going into the splitter?

In my Prowler I had basically the same problem.

The cause...

The Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD receiver/stereo being connected to the roof antenna.

The instant I unplugged that stereo from the splitter inside the entertainment center...instant clear picture!

Hope this helps...

I had other problems as well, but I'll get into those only if I have to! :rolleyes:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hello all,
I have 3 tv's in my Elkridge. 1 in the main area, crystal clear on any channel. 1 in the bedroom pretty clear on every channel and then the bunkhouse which some channels are clear and others are very fuzzy. I changed TV's Cable Cords and still fuzzy. I took the TV from the bunk house and put it in the other areas and clear as a bell.

I took it to the place we bought it and they changed out the splitters and ran new cable (they say) and still fuzzy.

Side note when they did this my radio now works while we are connected to cable which we where told before could not be done LOL.

Any other Ideas, they gave me the name of a place close to take it to which is fine but hoping someone else may have had the issue and found a fix?

Thanks
Happy Easter.

A coat hanger and some aluminum foil. Works every time.

Hope you get it figured out

dlafko

Hi Jamie,
How have you been. We will see, did you see though they said the splitter was why the radio did not work so they have it working. I know when we talked a while ago that was an issue.

A coat hanger and some aluminum foil. Works every time.

Hope you get it figured out

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Did you put in a separate antenna for the radio then? How do you know which cable was for the radio? I have 4 white Cable cords all going into the splitter?

I found a splitter inside of the entertainment cabinet behind where the radio is mounted, and it had a 6-8 inch wire coming from the back of the radio into the splitter.

On the splitter you have, chances are there is one coax coming in on one side (input) and three on the other side (output).

You could turn on the radio and disconnect one at a time to see which one will cause the radio to stop...and if that will make the TV picture clear up.

But you will still need to pull the stereo out to disconnect the wire from the back of the stereo, which will be the easiest way attach another antenna.

And you might just find another splitter in there, just like I did in mine.

I have a 'T' shaped marine radio antenna inside of the entertainment center for now until I find a suitable outside external antenna to replace it.

Oh...the other problem I had when the radio was still connected to the roof antenna through the splitter was that when the radio was powered on and playing it would kill the TV signal to the bedroom TV at the opposite end of the camper.

Entertainment center with stereo installed:

ProwlerEntCenterNewStereo-P5100150.jpg

Splitter was inside this hole where the stereo is mounted:

ProwlerEntCenter-IMAG0231.jpg