Air conditioner won’t turn off...

Klewis719

This morning, when I turned my thermostat up, the air came on and won’t turn off regardless how high I turn it. Prior to turning it up,?the air was not running. I’ve tried to turn it off to see if the thermostat would reset, but it still comes on as soon as I turn it back on. Thermostat issue or air conditioner? If I cycle through the different modes it only runs in auto and cool. Air turns on immediately when I turn the thermostat back to the on position.

Thanks!
c20f423a0a7cc8453a51a13f21503263.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

By "turn the thermostat up" I take it you're trying to turn on the furnace, and the blower in the A/C unit immediately starts. If that's correct, cycle the FAN mode to AUTO. If the FAN is set to HIGH/MED/LOW, the A/C blower (not compressor) will run anytime the thermostat calls for either heat or A/C.

Klewis719

Turn the air up. I live in the south. The fan is on auto. It seems to be the fan that comes on in both the cool and auto settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

After the fan switch being in the "Auto" position, I would next guess either a bad thermostat or a bad control board in the Air conditioner (which sends out signals to control the furnace, too). Seems like we have heard a few problems here with those new Dometic digital thermostats.

carl.swoyer

I had an issue similar to this.
My fix was the communication cord from the thermostat to the ac had green corrosion on the ac connection. Dielectric grease applied after cleaning both ends.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk