No power SOS long haul

Tree14

Hi everyone
My hubby and I have 2016 4200 Cyclone. When we plug it up to the truck for travel, it's not getting power.
Any ideas?

Safe travels

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Hi,

What truck make? I know with Ford you need to put the relay and fuse in for the power charge line to work. Often a small plastic bag contains these two items in the glove box. I have a 2016 and had 2014 Super Duty with this included.

Brian

CarterKraft

2017+ Ford Super Dutys are more complicated than a fuse/relay and charging current seems limited compared to the previous generation.

This is a great reason to have your tow vehicle listed in your signature line of your posts.

Tree14

PS We have pwr going to plug but found fuse location in our manual

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Check the voltage in the box behind the king pin. Disconnect your RV battery so its voltage is not being measured. Then trace it back into your RV. Somewhere it is open if it isn't charging your battery. I would not eliminate the possibility that the wire may have come loose in that junction box. Quite a few of us have replaced that junction box and added a manual switch and blinker. Just in case you are stopped on the side of the road and need to disconnect and go for parts. I put a second switch in for the marker lights.

wdk450

Check the voltage in the box behind the king pin. Disconnect your RV battery so its voltage is not being measured. Then trace it back into your RV. Somewhere it is open if it isn't charging your battery. I would not eliminate the possibility that the wire may have come loose in that junction box. Quite a few of us have replaced that junction box and added a manual switch and blinker. Just in case you are stopped on the side of the road and need to disconnect and go for parts. I put a second switch in for the marker lights.

Do your trailer outside clearance and brake lights work?
If not, check the GROUND wire from the truck connector to the trailer chassis. Also check if the ground connector pin on the truck is connected to truck chassis ground.

Here is the standard 7 pin trailer connector wiring if you need it: RV 7 Pin Connector.jpg

GK2018

O'Reilly's, Autozone and Amazon also sell an adapter called a "7 way circuit tester" that you can plug into the connector on the truck, the adapter has lights on it that tells you which pins on your truck are/aren't working. That might be easier than using a test light or a multimeter to troubleshoot if it's not functioning on the truck's end. Although you can't beat a multimeter for a more in depth troubleshoot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk