8 pt Manual Hybrid Leveling System on My 2014 Cyclone 3110

jeffdee

I have just completed a major, but satisfying upgrade to my Lippert front hydraulic landing gear and electric rear stabilizers. I purchased two Bigfoot Quadra Manufacturing hydraulic cylinder kits and special mounting brackets. I did not weld anything. I used 8 angle irons brackets and 32 half inch grade 8 flanged bolt and nuts to attach the jacks to the frame. The kits included two pumps and four jacks. I manually set the rear jacks for side to side leveling then use my Lippert front landing gear to set front to rear leveling. If I have the golf cart in the garage, or want to use the the rear patio I can deploy the rear electric stabilizer for more support to the frame. I now have an eight point leveling system that works great. No more climbing under the RV to set two bottle jacks for leveling. I also installed four mud flaps to protect the jacks. I really like the look now!

I have this installation documented on my Facebook page and on the various Heartland Owners Facebook pages. http://https://www.facebook.com/1398263110/posts/10214727651250411/

1564102A-9197-4B51-9BF5-23572F543235.jpg

06AAAAB8-2D32-4E40-B391-F57323812746.jpg

030E8D41-3C0F-4716-B09F-B02EAA24DB69.jpg

7E867E06-D7BB-4454-930D-35DCA58631F7.jpg

Last edited:

NP_Chief

Looks good! I'm sure it made an improvement on the stability as well. Did you purchase them directly from manufacturer?

jeffdee

Looks good! I'm sure it made an improvement on the stability as well. Did you purchase them directly from manufacturer?

Yes, I dealt with Jeff Lehman in sales. He let me install all the hardware then measure the lengths needed for the hoses then shipped the hoses. They (Bigfoot) are very easy to deal with compared to Lippert.

Sniper

Yes, I dealt with Jeff Lehman in sales. He let me install all the hardware then measure the lengths needed for the hoses then shipped the hoses. They (Bigfoot) are very easy to deal with compared to Lippert.
Looks good Jeff. We had to install our rear most levelers further to the rear due to the fuel tank location. We really like our BigFoot system and yes BigFoot's customer service is first rate indeed. They have always treated us right anytime we've had to call them. :)

jeffdee

Looks good Jeff. We had to install our rear most levelers further to the rear due to the fuel tank location. We really like our BigFoot system and yes BigFoot's customer service is first rate indeed. They have always treated us right anytime we've had to call them. :)

I have seen that many of the 3010, 3100 and 3110 have the rear jacks installed to the rear of the fuel cell. I was able to put mine just to the rear of the tires and I put mud flaps to help keep the jacks clean. It does not conflict with the slide mechanisms. I already have enough trouble with the spare tire dragging, so often that I have removed it and carry it in my back bed along with a second RV spare.
I’m loving this new set up! I almost went to trade in this RV for new just to get 6 pt leveling and 3 ACs. Now I am satisfied with my rig. I put a portable AC in the garage.

avvidclif

I never really paid attention to other Cyclones but my rear jacks are even with the front of the spare and the middle are just in front of the wheels. The rears are abt 4' from the rear of the rv. Kinda keeps it from shaking it's tail when setup. I've wondered about the ones that were just behind the wheels?