Bedroom thermostat and heat

Hemi392

I have a 2015 cyclone 3010 and I have a thermostat in the bedroom that does not turn on the heat. It seems to only control the ac unit.
When I goto the furnace setting set the temp it turns on the ac unit blower. The living room thermostat works like it should.
Any advice on this? Anything I should be looking at? Pic of thermostat is included
97b7be371f807bae6cb5d2f238db6570.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Hemi,

Only one of your thermostats is connected to the furnace. If the living room thermostat turns the furnace on, the bedroom isn't supposed to. On some rigs, Heartland has set it up for the bedroom to control the furnace, but I think that's on newer builds.

The bedroom thermostat FAN mode must be on HIGH/MED/LOW rather than AUTO. That's why the A/C blower starts when you set it to Furnace. On HIGH/MED/LOW, the blower runs continuously anytime the thermostat calls for heating or cooling.

TexasUltra

Hi Hemi,

Only one of your thermostats is connected to the furnace. If the living room thermostat turns the furnace on, the bedroom isn't supposed to. On some rigs, Heartland has set it up for the bedroom to control the furnace, but I think that's on newer builds.

The bedroom thermostat FAN mode must be on HIGH/MED/LOW rather than AUTO. That's why the A/C blower starts when you set it to Furnace. On HIGH/MED/LOW, the blower runs continuously anytime the thermostat calls for heating or cooling.

Thanks for the question and the answer. We're on our shakedown cruise and must have missed this part during the PDI and walk through.
I assumed (hate when I do that) that the living room t-stat controlled the heater in my 2020 4275RW. Tried the bedroom t-stat and like magic, we have heat.

Thanks again...now on to the electric water heater question on another thread.