Pullrite hitch location

rwdennis

Hi all , ive desided to go with the 24k pullrite superglide 2300 hitch in my 2014 ram megacab duley on normal bed rails , my question , how much room is in front of the hitch in its installed location ? the reason i ask is i have a aux fuel tank in the front of the bed and i hope they both fit , so if you have this hitch in a 6 1/2 foot bed could you measure it for me please ?

rwdennis

Thanks Hoefler , what im looking for is will my aux tank clear the hitch , or do i have to remove the tank .

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I don't know what size tank you have but I know that my 100 gallon tank would not fit. I looked at a Mega-Cab when I bought my truck, it would not work. There is company that will install an 8' bed on a Mega-Cab truck but the thing would be about 30' long (LOL) and I didn't want to have to get a permit to pull my 39' Landmark.

rwdennis

not sure how the would help Don ? i need to know how much room is in front of the hitch , the hitch has to go where it has to go , if there is room left over for the tank great , if not im looking at a slimmer tank , the tank is 8 in deep , 22 in wide and 50 in length , other tank is only 9 in wide .im getting the hitch wed , i guess ill find out then .

WillyBill

not sure how the would help Don ? i need to know how much room is in front of the hitch , the hitch has to go where it has to go , if there is room left over for the tank great , if not im looking at a slimmer tank , the tank is 8 in deep , 22 in wide and 50 in length , other tank is only 9 in wide .im getting the hitch wed , i guess ill find out then .

Did you try the PullRite website? I bet they have dimensional drawings available to help with decision making.

WB

mlpeloquin

Better get that in writing. That tubing was designed in by engineers. If aomethings happens and it has been modified, well they said would not protect you.