Power Awning Trouble

Marine Mike

I have a 2009 Big Country 3355 that the power awning will not extend. I have checked the fuses and all are ok. It acts like there is no power. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Depending on how much electrical experience you have, check for loose or disconnected wiring. Next best thing is to get it to your dealer. Sorry, not much help from me.

B

bwwalczak

Sorry about the difficulty on the awning. There could be a quick resolution to this, but it is ideal to have a dealer check it out.

The first reason could be a bad switch. We do test these, but sometimes things go wrong.

First, you said you tried the fuse, it would be the very bottom one. No lights should be on in the fuse panel. If a fuse goes the light comes on.

Second, it must be the switch, the switch is held in with 2 screws. Once you take that off you will see a green and white wire. The switch just closes the circuit. If there is no motor movement, it will be something else.

My recommendation will be to call our service department here at Heartland and they will have a few solutions for you. The number is toll free 877-262-8032.

Marine Mike

Thanks Brian,

After taking the switch out of the panel the Awning is working great. It must of been a loose wire.

You help was greatly appreciated

Marine Mike

Brian,

I guess it is the switch because it quit working again. Is it possible to get a switch from Heartland. I really prefer NOT to deal with the place I bought it from as they are a dealer that "got your money, now you are on your own". Thanks for your assist

jbeletti

Hi Mike and Jeannie,

Please contact Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) on this in the morning. Have your full VIN ready when you make the call. Explain the whole matter with them.

Thanks,

Jim

B

bwwalczak

Jim is right, if you contact customer service they can order parts if necessary.

Marine Mike

Jim & Brian

Spoke with John Hawkins today at Heartland and they are sending me a Switch for the Awning. It is nice to know that I am not hanging out on a limb after spending that much money. I love my Big Country,

Thanks Again

Marine Mike

OK I got my new switch and installed it. Still does not work, however I was told that on the BC 3355RL the Power Awning will not extend in cold weather. I understand that this is a safety feature. Does anyone know if this is true???

Tom of Ypsi

Never heard of an awning not extending because of cold weather. We have a power awning on our Landmark and have had it out when it was sleeting and snowing and in the 20's. Ours is an A&E awning with a wind sensor that does not work and has only worked when it wants to like the other day it went up when it started to rain and no wind.

Marine Mike

Ok I finally got the Power Awning fixed. The wiring was pulled apart. Apparently the wiring on the Big Country runs down behind the bathroom cabinet through the floor and comes back up behind the bedroom dresser where it is wire nutted together, so depending on how the RV was parked the wires would make contact. I am so very glad it is working…