2012 cyclone 3010 rear bed height

wondering about removing the bed platform and having the happy jacks go up higher to give more head height?? anyone play with this idea? seems there is a max height setting which keeps it from going higher. thanks

NP_Chief

There is actually a small limiter switch mounted inside the rail that stops the beds from going to high. It will be in the rail directly below the motor and held in place by two tiny screws. Ours has three different height options to mount the switch. There may also be a larger single screw on the outside of the same rail, slighly above the switch. If you move the switch, make sure to move that screw to the corresponding hole on the outside of the rail. I wouldn't reccomend operating the beds without the switch... it will pop a fuse or flip a breaker if you max it out (I know from experience).

There is actually a small limiter switch mounted inside the rail that stops the beds from going to high. It will be in the rail directly below the motor and held in place by two tiny screws. Ours has three different height options to mount the switch. There may also be a larger single screw on the outside of the same rail, slighly above the switch. If you move the switch, make sure to move that screw to the corresponding hole on the outside of the rail. I wouldn't reccomend operating the beds without the switch... it will pop a fuse or flip a breaker if you max it out (I know from experience).
Thanks for the info, will take a look this week.

Lynn1130

There is also a mod that I did with parts from HappiJac that allows you to drop the lower bunk/bench seats to the side of the garage. This allows you/me to get a SXS in without having to remove and reinstall the bunks every trip. A search might find it still on this site or if you are really interested I can dig up the info. I did it a couple of years ago. Parts are around $400 and the job is not difficult. It was well worth it for my purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16iJVQVfSRo&feature=youtu.be