New Traveler 32 RS owner

hbdawg

Hi All, I am a new owner of a Traveler 32RS having just returned from our first camping trip near Asheville. We really like this fifth wheel after downsizing from a 41 foot toy hauler. We had toy haulers for over 30 years so not having a bike is a new experience for us. My only issues with the 32RS is that it has a light switch on only one side of the bed. The lights are not individual reading lights making reading in the bed at night an impossibility. They are much too bright LEDs which almost blind you when you turn them on. The unit does not have a Maxx air fan, which we have had before and love. Lastly Heartland's 2018 model had frameless windows, and included a grill with a grill mount on the bumper. These are missing from the 2019 model. Too bad Heartland decided to cheapen the 2019 model. Nonetheless, after doing extensive research we still bought it to be our last trailer. Here's hoping it was the right decision.

danemayer

Hi hbdawg,

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here who are quick to share what they've learned.

Chrisandsama

Hi All, I am a new owner of a Traveler 32RS having just returned from our first camping trip near Asheville. We really like this fifth wheel after downsizing from a 41 foot toy hauler. We had toy haulers for over 30 years so not having a bike is a new experience for us. My only issues with the 32RS is that it has a light switch on only one side of the bed. The lights are not individual reading lights making reading in the bed at night an impossibility. They are much too bright LEDs which almost blind you when you turn them on. The unit does not have a Maxx air fan, which we have had before and love. Lastly Heartland's 2018 model had frameless windows, and included a grill with a grill mount on the bumper. These are missing from the 2019 model. Too bad Heartland decided to cheapen the 2019 model. Nonetheless, after doing extensive research we still bought it to be our last trailer. Here's hoping it was the right decision.
We love our 32RS also and agree with you on the reading lights. Our 2018 did not come with frameless windows or the grill. We are very happy with the quality of the Traveler and seems to be built well.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
We also picked up our 32 rs Monday last. We use little usb reading lights next to the bed since we had them and they are hyper adjustable. The refrigerator is either 12vdc/propane or 120vac, the fridge really works well for us.

I already have a Maxxair fan to replace the pos in the bathroom, we don’t bbq so the bumper attachment doesn’t bug us. The thing that bothers me the most is them saying that there is a pipe for solar on the roof and there isn’t, though this type of stuff is normal when you talk to them about solar. The sale/ service people’s eyes cross and they haven’t a clue what you are talking about.

Wait until you take the storage wall down towards the bathroom. They waste 4-5 square feet of storage space besides the portion under the bathroom where my batteries are going. I can put my entire solar setup under the bathroom and have wonderful temperature control among other things. My front storage will benefit as well as the main one.

Overall, we really like the trailer so far.

Ducky

We moved up from a NorthTrail 26LRSS and upgraded to the BHTR 32RS in Feb 2017. No Frameless windows or outside grill on ours, as I think the sliding windows gives us more ventilation than the frameless. Only one major issue with ours is that the copper gas connector on the drivers slide decided to chatter and break, losing all of our propane in one tank. Fortunately we were at the Regional Rally in Pueblo with 100 other Heartland owners and we were able to fix the issue for under $15.00 + cost of propane. Enjoy the new trailer, I know we do....