Defective floor and not enough rollers

Has anybody experienced their slide floor delaminating and discover that Heartland did not put enough rollers to properly support the slide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Hello,

Do you have pictures you can post? Delamination is often caused by water intrusion and the wood expanding and just falling apart. Which slide is it, for example my bedroom has 3 rollers for each slide. In the case of the main kitchen slide are are much larger main rollers and smaller ones near the ends, the large ones are framed in steel and harder to see by the seal.

A call to Heartland service might yield some trouble shooting tips, being a 2018 might still be under warranty. Have your VIN ready as well.

Brian

Last edited:

danemayer

As Brian said, delamination is typically due to water intrusion. With slide outs, water running down the outside of the side walls can damage exposed wood. Are the ends of the slide floor protected from water?

Why do you think there aren't enough rollers?

Piperflyer

My floor didn't delaminate, but Heartland did not put a required 3rd roller under my kitchen slide and it caused my other two main rollers to fail on the slide.

Hello,

Do you have pictures you can post? Delamination is often caused by water intrusion and the wood expanding and just falling apart. Which slide is it, for example my bedroom has 3 rollers for each slide. In the case of the main kitchen slide are are much larger main rollers and smaller ones near the ends, the large ones are framed in steel and harder to see by the seal.

A call to Heartland service might yield some trouble shooting tips, being a 2018 might still be under warranty. Have your VIN ready as well.

Brian

Brian
Here are the pictures. I say delimitation but I cannot find any evidence of water intrusion.
1c7a85f6290fa50b52895366f0652280.jpg

759ba2d25ce50d924841ad150866b314.jpg

c1068a3bb62a2929c351a96ddec752d3.jpg
b18102498eb2d5d4ba825b9b21d1f4b8.jpg

CDN

B and B
I agree to the Plywood looks like delamination, i am wondering if you have a Ice Maker? Could be a long term small leak. I replaced the entire ice maker plastic line after first trip, leaked in 3 spots. If no water maybe the plywood itself separated due to improper manufacturing with not enough glue.

carl.swoyer

Looking at the picture it appears that the delamination was starting when they cut the notches out to install the roller.
Using some gorilla glue and a clamp you can repair it and stop future delamination.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bearhatt

Has anybody experienced their slide floor delaminating and discover that Heartland did not put enough rollers to properly support the slide?

We have the same problem. Has anyone added more roller? Looks to me that that is a very long slide for just three rollers on the outer edge of floor.
Waiting for Heartland if they will cover this under warranty.
Dave

danemayer

We have the same problem. Has anyone added more roller? Looks to me that that is a very long slide for just three rollers on the outer edge of floor.
Dave

Is your RV still in warranty? What warranty repair is your dealer asking approval of?

Dave

Dave Heartland paid for half. They split it with the dealership because the dealership screwed up my floor. Heartland has been very helpful getting it fixed. They did add two rollers to my slide.