tv mount

mtnrail60

Hi, Everyone
I'm net to the page and new to owning a travel trailer. I have a new North trail 26dbss and I am still figuring out the unit. my unit has the divider wall living area to bedroom and a tv mounting area that spins. my question is about the mounting of the tv.
after looking at the cabinet was wondering how everyone has mounted the tv, would like to know how you bolted or screwed into the back of the cabinet to make the mount solid. just looking for ideas and options.

danemayer

Hi mtnrail60,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure someone will jump in shortly with some advice for you.

farupp

We have a 24BHS North Trail with the same setup for a TV between the bedroom and the living area. Heartland put a vertical TV mounting board in the center of the cabinet. We were able to screw an adjustable TV mount into that board. I suggest that you find the outer boundaries of the mounting board with the smallest drill bit you have. If I recall the board is three or four inches wide, and it was designed for a 32 inch TV (that is what Heartland installed if included from the factory).

We put in a 24 inch TV and it was plenty big enough for our use.

mtnrail60

We have a 24BHS North Trail with the same setup for a TV between the bedroom and the living area. Heartland put a vertical TV mounting board in the center of the cabinet. We were able to screw an adjustable TV mount into that board. I suggest that you find the outer boundaries of the mounting board with the smallest drill bit you have. If I recall the board is three or four inches wide, and it was designed for a 32 inch TV (that is what Heartland installed if included from the factory).

We put in a 24 inch TV and it was plenty big enough for our use.

Thanks Farupp,
that was just what i was looking for thanks for jumping in with a coment. i had pressed on the board and thought it was kind of soft like nothing behind a fake wall I will check it again and break out the tiny drill.
thanks again for the help!

mtnrail60

Hi mtnrail60,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure someone will jump in shortly with some advice for you.
Thanks for the hello Dane,
still have alot to learn nice to meet someone that lives in colorado

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hi, Everyone
I'm net to the page and new to owning a travel trailer. I have a new North trail 26dbss and I am still figuring out the unit. my unit has the divider wall living area to bedroom and a tv mounting area that spins. my question is about the mounting of the tv.
after looking at the cabinet was wondering how everyone has mounted the tv, would like to know how you bolted or screwed into the back of the cabinet to make the mount solid. just looking for ideas and options.

I used one of the Onn full motion mounts from Walmart. Locating the mount area in the center can be somewhat difficult but it is there and is relatively centered. Its about 3/4 inch thick too. (I think? ) I starting by finding the middle of the tv area and then figured out how much offset I needed for the mounting bracket and then carefully tested the location of mounting screw holes using a very fine drill bit and drilled one layer at a time very slow through the layers to determine that I had hit the mounting board and its thickness.

Similar Mount I used.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-Full-motion-TV-mount-for-32-47-TVs/590584487

[/FONT]

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I turn the TV toward the front bedroom, I have two doors that I have to secure anyway. This keeps TV hidden and from moving anymore forward than the position I stowed it. I do have a strap with velcro that I could, but have not needed, to use to keep it in position. The mount is stiff and does not move on its own anyway.

farupp

Thank you. We also have been turning the cabinet so that it faces the bedroom and close the doors. But our mount isn't stiff so the TV does move around some. I am looking for straps to hold it in place.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thank you. We also have been turning the cabinet so that it faces the bedroom and close the doors. But our mount isn't stiff so the TV does move around some. I am looking for straps to hold it in place.

Cheap and easy strap is to go to Joanns and buy double sided Velcro one side is hook other is loop. You can then use a pair of straps and a couple of screws near the center above and below the TV to secure your TV.

Basic instructions.
Secure one end with a screw behind and above the tv near center mounting bracket.
Secure a second strap with a screw
behind and below the tv near center mounting bracket.
bring the Velcro ends together in front of the TV to secure. Soft side towards the screen. It does not have to be really tight just snug enough to not move out.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.joann.com/velcro-brand-one-wrap-roll-12ft-x-3/4in-black/11384211.html
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

Tsys100718

Congrats on your TT purchase and welcome to the forum.

There are tv securing straps with plastic snap buckles that I mounted on the securing bolts for the mount on either side. It snaps together and holds the TV in place.
They are 'Ready America MRV3515 Travel TV Safety Strap' and available at Walmart for less than $20

As far as mounting went, I have a TrailRunner 302SLE and it does not have the flip around option. So, I used bolts long enough to pass through the wall and used the one closest to the left side to also hold a mount on the wall in the bedroom.
I used flat mounts from Harbor Freight for the two main TVs and a Harbor Freight swivel mount for a 19 in. in the bunkhouse.
I use the straps for the main 40 in TV in the main living area and the 24 in. in the bedroom and the 19 in in the bunkhouse. I've never had any issues with this solution and I trailer about 15,000 miles a year.