Cyclone-Couch material wear after 4 years

190.JPG191.JPG192.JPG193.JPG

Unit: 2015 Cyclone 4200.
The five seat couch material is wearing off sooner than I would expect.
I have attached pictures.
Anyone else experience this?
Any solutions or advice would be appreciated.
Are there any better quality replacement furniture available?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Niles

Furniture in these things aren't what I call high end by any means. We've replaced everything in ours. And is there better stuff you bet, just be prepared. We got our couch and chairs at Lambrights right there in Shipshewana. I think their address is actually Topeka,IN. We are real happy with everything we've ever got there. We even replaced a couch and loveseat at home with Vern's stuff. Vern is a great guy and will treat you right, tell him Niles sent you, you might get a discount or he might charge you more.:rolleyes:

Fox

That material is referred to as pleather (meaning plastic leather); not much of it survives five years of gentle use.

Two years ago I purchased an electric recliner from a widow, anxious to sell and move away. She swore it was genuine leather - and I don't doubt she thought it was; but between me and the dogs it's now much worse than yours.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When the furniture in our 2011 Landmark went bad (after about 5 years), we were too far from Indiana and Lambright furniture, we went to an Ashley Furniture store and found some great buys in recliners.

Thanks for the replies!
From those and the advice of the service writer instead of buying a direct replacement we went to a local furniture store, with our dimension limitations in hand.
We purchased a Violino 3 seat leather couch (power recliners at each end) and matching leather power recliner chair (back ordered).
I built a narrow end table for between the couch & side wall of the slide out.
I made the base wider than the top so we can reach the power controls on the side of the couch.
We have another small end table for between the couch & recliner.
Yes we lost a seat & the massaging vibrators but we really don't care about that anyway.
Hopefully the new leather furniture will last longer than the four years of the el cheap o vinyl original furniture!

IMG_4118 (2).JPG

Thanks again to those who provided input!

Last edited: